- Our People
- Engineering Courses
- Built Environment Courses
Engagement, News and Events
- - EXCITE Newsletters
- - When Social Science Meets Lean and BIM: Towards Industry 5.0
- - Global Leadership Forum for Construction Engineering and Management 2022
- - The Fifth Australasian Conference on Computational Mechanics - Hybrid Event
- - AUBEA 2022
- - Widevision
- - Meet our Alumni
- - CMP Certificate
- - Sydney Opera House BUILD Creative Lab
- Solar Car Website
- Work Integrated Learning
- Contact the School
- Higher Degree Research
- Alumni and Industry
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
- Dean's Merit List Recipients
- Indigenous Strategic Plan
The Fifth Australasian Conference on Computational Mechanics - Hybrid Event
Western Sydney University, Engineering Innovation Hub in Parramatta | 13th – 15th December 2021 (registration and welcome reception on 13th Dec)
School of Engineering, Design and Built Environment at Western Sydney University is proud to host the 5th Australasian Conference on Computational Mechanics.
Welcome Message from Conference Chairs
On behalf of the Local Organising Committee, we warmly welcome you to the 5th Australasian Conference on Computational Mechanics (ACCM 2021) to be held in Sydney, Australia, 13th -15th December 2021.
The ACCM Conference series started in 2013 with the ACCM-2013, ACCM-2015, ACCM-2017, ACCM-2019 successfully held in Sydney, Brisbane, Geelong, and Hobart, respectively. The ACCM Conference is supported by the Association for Computational Mechanics (AACM) and has become a flagship event for the Australasian Computational Mechanics Community.
ACCM 2021 brings researchers at the forefront in the field of Computational Mechanics together to discuss the recent advances in Computational Mechanics across disciplines and to exchange innovative academic and research ideas. The scientific program of ACCM2021 will include keynote speeches led by globally eminent lead researchers, presentations from researchers from various areas, discussions, and networking opportunities. We will encourage all researchers, engineers and other professionals in Australia and other countries, who may benefit from this event to join us. The conference especially welcome and encourage Early Career Researchers (ECR) and Higher Degree Research Students (HDR) to attend. Best HDR and ECR paper awards will be presented to the excellent researchers, and unique HDR Forum and Networking events will be organised.
The Conference accepts and publishes extended abstracts (see template link here), which will be peer-reviewed by expert reviewers. The authors of the selected extended abstracts will be invited to submit extended full papers to one of the following scholarly international journals associated to the Conference.
- Engineering Analysis with Boundary Element
- Int J of Computational Methods
- Int J of Applied Mechanics
- Int J of Protective Structures
- Current Mechanics and Advanced materials
- Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering
- Australian Journal of Structural Engineering
While restrictions might be easing in Australia or other countries, the impacts of COVID-19 on our personal and professional lives are far from over. In ACCM 2021, we will adopt a flexible hybrid mode with options of both physical and virtual participation, to encourage and facilitate more researchers across different nations and states to attend.
The registration fee will be kept low to encourage wide participation as a tradition of the ACCM Conferences. The Conference registration fee also includes two years’ membership of the Australian Association of Computational Mechanics (AACM) which also entitles membership of the International Association of Computational Mechanics (IACM).
Finally, we sincerely invite you to participate the ACCM2021 Conference, and we hope you have a wonderful and rewarding conference experience in Sydney, Australia. We look forward to seeing you all in Sydney in this December!
Conference flyer download here PDF, 171.99 KB
Local Organising Committee at WSU
Conference Chair: Yixia (Sarah) Zhang
Co-chairs: Yang Xiang & Chunhui (Richard) Yang
Conference Secretaries: Leo Zhang, Kejun Dong & Yuguo Yu
- Call for papers: March 1, 2021
- Abstract submissions open: April 15, 2021
- Registration opens: August 1, 2021
- Abstract submission deadline:
September 1, 2021September 21, 2021
- Earlybird registration deadline:
October 1, 2021October 15,2021
- Late registration deadline: December 1, 2021
- Conference dates: December 13 – 15, 2021
Topics of Interest
Papers in the following areas and other relevant areas are welcomed.
- Computational Biomechanics
- Computational Dynamics of Structures
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Computational Geomechanics
- Computational Materials
- Computational Methods
- Computational Aspects on Manufacturing including Powder Technology
- Modelling and Simulation of Composite Structures
- Modelling and Simulation of Structures