- Education Knowledge Network (EKN)
- 2020 Commencement Dates
- Professional Experience Placement
- Special Requirements
- International Study Tours
- Education Alumni Network (EAN)
- Facebook SoE
- News and Events
- Careers in Education
- Our People
- Future Teachers’ Network (FTN)
Classrooms without Borders
Classrooms without Borders builds professional teaching skills by enhancing pre-service teachers' understandings of the clientele with whom they will be professionally involved as teachers. The unit explores the criticality of ethical understandings and practices that may influence educational outcomes. In particular, this unit focuses on inclusive educational settings for Aboriginal and Torres Islander children and communities, and the refugee learner. The unit seeks to promote the importance of reciprocal and reflexive learning by positioning learning and effective teaching as highly dependent on the development of trust, rapport and critical understandings between individuals.
Enrolment in Classrooms without Borders (101577), requires completion of the following requirement:
- Enrolment in the co-requisite unit 102071 Cultures Subjectivities & Schooling. Note, enrolling into 102071 as a co-request is not a requirement of students undertaking Early Childhood courses.
Compulsory attendance requirements exist in this unit.
Enquiries regarding enrolment for 101577 Classrooms without Borders, should be directed to Enquirieseducation@westernsydney.edu.au
General enquiries regarding the 101577 Classrooms without Borders, should be directed to the Unit Coordinator, Dr Annette Sartor firstname.lastname@example.org