- Our People
- Built Environment Courses
- Work Integrated Learning
- - Australian Housing Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA)
- - Centre for Smart Modern Construction
- - Sustainable Construction Management and Education (SCME)
- - Work Health and Safety Management using Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- - Higher Degree Research
- - Linked semantic platforms for social & physical infrastructure & wellbeing
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
- Contact us
Higher Degree Research
Located in the heart of one of Australia's fastest growing economic regions, Western Sydney University offers unlimited potential to students with the talent, drive and ambition to succeed.
- Western Sydney University is a world-class university with a growing international reach and reputation for academic excellence and impact-driven research.
- Ranked amongst the top two per cent of universities in the world, we value academic excellence, integrity and the pursuit of knowledge. We are globally focused, research-led and committed to making a positive impact on the communities we engage with. (Ranked in top 2% of Universities Worldwide, Times Higher Education University Rankings for 2014-2015)
- As a dynamic place of learning, we continue to challenge traditional notions of what a university 'should' be by pushing the boundaries of how knowledge is exchanged.
- Our approach recognises that learning doesn't just happen in the classroom. Instead, we offer a combination of on-campus, online and clinical learning environments, with real-life work experience in professional and community settings.
At Western Sydney University we equip our graduates for more than a career. We are unlocking the potential of the next generation of global citizens, leaders and change-makers.
Finding a supervisor and the research proposal
Master of Research (MRes), Master of Philosophy (MPhil), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and other research degree applicants are required to discuss their proposed research project with a suitable research supervisor prior to submitting an application.
If you are finding it difficult to identify a supervisor, you should contact the Higher Degree Research (HDR) Associate Dean, Research and HDR Professor Vivian Tam.
In the first instance, you should contact your proposed supervisor to discuss what opportunities may be available. It is also advisable that you also look at the University's Research Scholarships
Some scholarships are available each year through application to the University. These may include:
- Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA) for domestic students – closing in October each year
- University Postgraduate Research Awards for domestic and international students – closing in June and October each year
- University International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) for international students – closing in July each year