- Our People
- Built Environment Courses
- Work Integrated Learning
- - Australian Housing Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA)
- - Centre for Smart Modern Construction
- - Sustainable Construction Management and Education (SCME)
- - Work Health and Safety Management using Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- - Higher Degree Research
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
- Contact us
Driving Innovation in the Building Industry Through Collaboration with PhD Researchers
From Left to right:
The Centre for Smart Modern Construction (c4SMC) is a university and industry collaboration investing in the future readiness of smart modern construction graduates and the enterprises in which they will work.
Part of its mission is to collaborate with industry contributors on PhD research to help face current challenges of sustainability, digitalisation, industrialisation and globalisation with an impact focus of 3 to 5-years.
The interview panel consisting of:
- Prof. Srinath Perera, Director, C4SMC
- Marton Marosszeky, Principal Building and Construction- Research Consultancy & Foundation President of the Lean Construction Institute of Australia..
Awarded PhD scholarships for the following topics:
- Developing a Digitalised Distributed Ledger Platform for Construction Supply Chains
- Methodology for Analysing Construction Effectiveness Using Non-price Measures
- Developing smart modern construction enterprise typologies for the 21st century construction futures
- Developing an offsite and onsite construction skill and capability maturity scale for SMC project
The Centre for Smart Modern Construction would like to thank the following contributors who made these scholarships possible:
- School of Computing Engineering and Mathematics
- Graduate Research School
- Prime Constructions, Hansen Yuncken
- APP Property and Infrastructure Specialists, Landcom
- Austruss, Qanstruct, Bedrock Offsite, Prime Build, Nettleton Tribe Architects
- Strongbuild, XLam, Weathertex, TAHPI, Apex Wiring
‘It is wonderful to have such a range of research projects underway. This work done in collaboration with industry partners, will transform construction in Western Sydney and beyond’, said Prof. Srinath Perera, Director, C4SMC.
Research enquiries be forwarded to Prof. Srinath Perera, Director, Centre for Smart Modern Construction.
Industry enquiries regarding participating in centre activities should go to Mr David Chandler (0418 676 896), OAM, Adjunct Professor, Industry Engagement, Centre for Smart Modern Construction
Mr Scott Lyall (02 9685 9512, 0427 629 958), Business Development Manager, Office of Advancement.
David Chandler OAM
Adjunct Professor at Western Sydney University
20 July 2018