- Our People
- Built Environment Courses
- Work Integrated Learning
- - Australian Housing Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA)
- - Centre for Smart Modern Construction
- - Sustainable Construction Management and Education (SCME)
- - Work Health and Safety Management using Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- - Higher Degree Research
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
- Contact us
Building Industry Capacity Through Undergraduate Scholarships
From left to right:
The Centre for Smart Modern Construction (c4SMC) is a university and industry collaboration investing in the future readiness of smart modern construction graduates and the enterprises in which they will work.
Part of its mission is to work with industry contributors to fund undergraduate scholarships for high achieving students studying Construction Management.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in the third or fourth year of the Bachelor of Construction Management, have a minimum GPA of 5.0 and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and industry knowledge.
The interview panel consisting of:
- Associate Professor Mary Hardie, Director of Academic Programs, Construction Management
- Jess Hirst, People and Culture Manager, Prime Build DNW Group
- Adrian Brown, People & Culture Manager, Strongbuild
was impressed with the calibre of students who applied and awarded the scholarships to:
- Alex Kapruziak
- Adam Xerri
Alex Kapruziak is studying Construction Management and has enjoyed learning about residential construction and pre-fab construction.
He works with Richard Crookes Constructions as a Site Engineer and Contract Administrator. His current project is the Opera Residences at Circular Quay.
The smarter modern construction emphasis is something that he has a keen interest in, and is also something that is featured within his current line of work (BIM, Aconex, prefab technologies etc.). The use of modern technologies is the topic he has selected to undertake his thesis study on. Alex also volunteers, helping young children participate within AFL and helping with coaching and refereeing.
Adam Xerri is studying Bachelor of Construction Management and like many of our students has a very busy life juggling study with work as a Produce Team Member at Woolworths Richmond, Panel Beating and Spray Painting motor vehicles and Vehicle detailing Trucks and Cars as well as his main employment as Project Coordinator at Prime Build.
The interview panel was impressed with his track record as a student, his work ethic and hands on construction experience as well as his development plans for his first property purchase in Caddens.
‘We are pleased to be delivering on our promise to industry to encourage the best young students and provide opportunities for them to meet with industry representatives’, said Adjunct Professor David Chandler OAM, Industry Lead for c4SMC.
- David Chandler (0418 676 896) OAM, Adjunct Professor, Industry Engagement, Centre for Smart Modern Construction.
- Scott Lyall (02 9685 9512, 0427 629 958), Business Development Manager, Office of Advancement.
David Chandler OAM
Adjunct Professor at Western Sydney University
20 July 2018