- Our People
- Built Environment Courses
- Work Integrated Learning
- - Australian Housing Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA)
- Centre for Smart Modern Construction
- - Industry Collaborators
- - Researcher Profile Navodana Rodrigo
- - Researcher Profile Samudaya Nanayakkara
- - Researcher Profile Kasun Gunasekara
- - Researcher Profile Priyadarshini Das
- - Researcher Profile Buddhini Ginigaddara
- - Researcher Profile Amer Hijazi
- - Researcher Profile Shiyamini Ratnasabapathy
- - Researcher Profile Bashir Tijani
- - Researcher Profile Isaac Akomea-Frimpong
- - Researcher Profile De-Graft Joe Opoku
- - Researcher Profile Marini Sam
- - Researcher Profile Thilini Weerasuriya
- - Research Projects
- - Research News
- - Future Constructors
- - News
- - Digital Media Repository
- - Roundtables
- - C4SMC Roundtable
- - Sustainable Construction Management and Education (SCME)
- - Work Health and Safety Management using Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- - Higher Degree Research
- - Linked semantic platforms for social & physical infrastructure & wellbeing
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
- Contact us
Researcher Profile Thilini Weerasuriya
Centre for Smart Modern Construction
Developing a Blockchain-Based Post-Contract Work and Payment Certification Framework for Construction Projects
Thilini Weerasuriya is a PhD candidate of the Centre for Smart Modern Construction (c4SMC) at Western Sydney University since August 2019. She graduated with First Class Honours in the Bachelor of Science (Special) Degree in Management and Information Technology from the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka. She was awarded two gold medals for Best Results in B.Sc. (Special) Degree Examinations and Best Results in the B.Sc. (Special) in Management and Information Technology Degree at the University of Kelaniya General Convocation 2011. She was an active member of the Women’s Track and Field team of the University of Kelaniya, served as the Vice-Captain of the team in 2010 and awarded University Colours for Track and Field.
Thilini Weerasuriya has served in the post of Lecturer (Probationary) at the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty of Information Technology, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka since July 2014. She was granted study leave and awarded a scholarship to pursue her PhD studies by the Accelerating Higher Education Expansion and Development (AHEAD) Operation of the University Grants Commission of Sri Lanka.
Thilini Weerasuriya has a passion for public speaking, having been a member of Toastmasters International since 2013. She has achieved multiple awards in the Toastmasters International education programme and speech contests. She also served in various executive committee roles in the University of Moratuwa Toastmasters Club, including President and Vice President Education.
- Bachelor of Science (Special) Degree in Management and Information Technology (First Class) - University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka
Honours / Awards / Grants
- Research Training Program Stipend Scholarship, Western Sydney University (2020-2022)
- PhD Scholarship under the Accelerating Higher Education Expansion and Development (AHEAD) Operation, Sri Lanka (2019-2021)
- Gold Medal awarded by the University of Kelaniya Alumni Association for Best Results in B.Sc. (Special) Degree Examinations (2011)
- Gold Medal awarded by the University of Kelaniya Faculty of Science Alumni Association for Best Results in B.Sc. (Special) in Management and Information Technology Degree (2011)
- Winner, MAS Award for the Best Overall Student 2012/2013, Department of Industrial Management, University of Kelaniya, presented by MAS Holdings
- University Track and Field Colours at the Annual Colours Awards Ceremony, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka (2008 and 2009)
- Student member of the Chartered Institute of Building, UK
- Member of Toastmasters International
- Certification and Compliance in Construction
- Management Information Systems
- Knowledge Management
Research and Publications
- Weerasuriya, GT & Wijayanayake, WMJI 2014, 'An evaluation of factors affecting information systems obsolescence', Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 158-64.
- Hettiarachchi, S, Sugandhika, C, Kathriarachchi, A, Ahangama, S & Weerasuriya, GT 2019, 'A Scenario-based ER Diagram and Query Generation Engine', 2019 4th International Conference on Information Technology Research (ICITR), Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
- Nanayakkara, S, Perera, S, Bandara, HMND, Weerasuriya, GT & Ayoub, J 2019, 'Blockchain Technology and its Potential for the Construction Industry', Proceedings of the 43rd Australasian Universities Building Education Association (AUBEA) Conference: Built to Thrive: Creating Buildings and Cities that Support Individual Well-being and Community Prosperity.
- Nandathilaka, M, Ahangama, S & Weerasuriya, GT 2018, 'A Rule-based Lemmatizing Approach for Sinhala Language', 2018 3rd International Conference on Information Technology Research (ICITR), Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, DOI 10.1109/ICITR.2018.8736134.
- Thiwanka, N, Chamodika, U, Priyankara, L, Sumathipala, S & Weerasuriya, GT 2018, 'Augmented Reality Based Breadboard Circuit Building Guide Application', 2018 3rd International Conference on Information Technology Research (ICITR), Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, DOI 10.1109/ICITR.2018.8736156.
- Galappaththi, HR & Weerasuriya, GT 2018, 'Survey on Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) Implemented for Environmental Sensing', 2018 3rd International Conference on Information Technology Research (ICITR), Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, DOI 10.1109/ICITR.2018.8736151.
- Liyanage, KIP, Ganegoda, GU, Sumathipala, S, Weerasuriya, GT, Dodamgoda, DARP, Rajarathna, RDPL et al. 2018, 'A Hybrid Semantic Analysis Approach Using Rule Based and Learning Techniques for Human-Robot Interaction in a Robotic Assistant', 2018 18th International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions (ICTer), Colombo, Sri Lanka, pp. 420-425, DOI 10.1109/ICTER.2018.8615507.
- U.M. Mahagamage, L.A.L. Lakmali, A.C. Weerasinghe, C.P. Wijesiriwardana and G.T. Weerasuriya, “Enhanced Approach for Resource Allocation of Agile Projects”, in International Conference on Innovations in Infobusiness and Technology, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 2016, p. 28.
- R.K.M. Prasanga, C.P. Wijesiriwardana, G.T. Weerasuriya and S. Fernando, “States Prediction of Web Services Using Hidden Markov Model”, in ITRU Research Symposium, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 2015, pp. 16-20.
- Lecturer (Probationary), Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty of Information Technology, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2014 – Present [on study leave])
- Lecturer (on Contract), Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty of Information Technology, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2013 – 2014)
- Temporary Lecturer, Department of Industrial Management, Faculty of Science, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka (2012 – 2013)
- Industrial Trainee (2009), Virtusa (Pvt.) Ltd, Sri Lanka
(02) 47360436 Ext 2053
c4SMC, Room Y.3.14 Penrith (Kingswood)
This is based on the information provided by the profile holder.