- Our People
- Built Environment Courses
- Work Integrated Learning
- - Australian Housing Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA)
- Centre for Smart Modern Construction
- - Industry Collaborators
- - Researcher Profile Navodana Rodrigo
- - Researcher Profile Samudaya Nanayakkara
- - Researcher Profile Kasun Gunasekara
- - Researcher Profile Priyadarshini Das
- - Researcher Profile Buddhini Ginigaddara
- - Researcher Profile Amer Hijazi
- - Researcher Profile Shiyamini Ratnasabapathy
- - Researcher Profile Bashir Tijani
- - Researcher Profile Isaac Akomea-Frimpong
- - Researcher Profile De-Graft Joe Opoku
- - Researcher Profile Marini Sam
- - Researcher Profile Thilini Weerasuriya
- - Research Projects
- - Research News
- - Future Constructors
- - News
- - Digital Media Repository
- - Roundtables
- - C4SMC Roundtable
- - Sustainable Construction Management and Education (SCME)
- - Work Health and Safety Management using Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- - Higher Degree Research
- - Linked semantic platforms for social & physical infrastructure & wellbeing
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
- Contact us
Researcher Profile Priyadarshini Das
Centre for Smart Modern Construction
Developing a Smart Modern Construction Enterprise Maturity Model (SMCeMM) for business scenarios leading to Industry 4.0.
Priya is a doctoral researcher at the Centre for Smart Modern Construction (c4SMC), Western Sydney University. Her research aims at developing a capability maturity model for construction enterprises transforming in Industry 4.0. Prior to commencing her doctoral research, Priya worked for Indian construction giant Larsen and Toubro for over half a decade in Transportation Infrastructure Projects such as Highways, Runways, and Elevated Corridors and had a short stint with the US-based technology-driven Construction Start-Up Katerra. She was part of the scrum team developing a construction project management software at Katerra. Priya holds a Masters in Construction Management. Her academic and professional pursuits have created the opportunity for her to understand the nuances of mega construction projects involving an array of stakeholders leading to complex and interdependent uncertainties. Priya was part of the team that won Constructathon 2019, Australia's first-ever Construction Hackathon. Following which she went through a six-week incubation program at Fusion Labs developing and testing the prototype 'OkayMate', an application that uses the power of the crowd to improve safety on a construction site.
- M.Tech (Construction Management) – First Class, NITK Surathkal
- BEng (Civil) – First Class with Distinction, Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
Honours / Awards / Grants
- Centre for Smart Modern Construction Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- Larsen and Toubro Build India Scholarship (L&T BIS) for Masters in Construction Management
- Winner – Constructathon 2019, Australia’s first ever Construction Hackathon hosted by Google Australia
- Runner up – The annual 3 Minute Thesis Competition hosted by SCEM, Western Sydney University
- Winner and Best Speaker (Runner-up) at the c4SMC Grand Challenge 2019 Debate speaking for the motion “Industry 4.0 will kill the Construction Industry”
- Best Paper (Runner Up) at the Project Management Research and Academic Conference 2017 organized by Project Management Institute in association with Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Industry 4.0
- Digital Transformation
- Business Transformation
- Capability Maturity Models
Research and Publications
- Priyadarshini Das, Gangadhar Mahesh, R. Ranjith Kumar. Participatory Risk Management Model for Construction Projects Using Expert Systems. Journal of Construction Engineering, Technology & Management. 2016; 6(2): 17–24p
- Das, P, Perera, S, Senaratne, S & Osei-Kyei, R 2019, 'Smart Modern Construction Enterprises: The Transforming Business Models in Construction Businesses', in G Aouad, P Ivey & M Ali (eds), International Conference for Innovation, Technology, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship (ICITEE), Kingdom of Bahrain, pp. 365-74.
- Das, P, Perera, S, Senaratne, S & Osei-Kyei, R 2019, 'Smart Modern Construction - A Proof of Concept by using Expert Opinions', paper presented to CIB World Building Congress 2019, Hong Kong SAR, China.
- Priyadarshini Das, Gangadhar Mahesh. Risk Information Based Expert System - A Participatory Model. Proceedings of 16th International Conference on Construction Applications of Virtual Reality, Hong Kong. 2016; 39–52p.
- Priyadarshini Das, Vishnu S Pillai, Gangadhar Mahesh, C.Rajasekaran. Monitoring and Forecasting in Construction Projects using Risk Information Based Time Buffer (RibTB). Proceedings of Project Management Institute Research and Academic Conference, IIT Delhi; 379–388p.
- Perera, S & Das, P 2019, 'Industry 4.0 will usher in a gamut of opportunities for Project Management Professionals', https://www.aipm.com.au/articles/national/industry-4-0-will-usher-in-a-gamut-of-opportunitie
- Perera, S & Das, P 2019, 'An Airport in our Backyard', Connect: Building Capability of Project Professionals (International Centre for Complex Project Management - ICCPM), no. 31, February.
- Casual Academic for Postgraduate and Undergraduate Programs at Western Sydney University, Australia, (Mar’19 -Present).
- Casual Professional assisting in co-creation of 21C Flagship Curriculum project development - Modularisation of Architecture Studios from student perspective – Sept’18 – Jan’19
- Customer Engagement Lead - Katerra Technologies – Nov’17 to June’18
- Assistant Manager (Business Development) – Larsen and Toubro Constructions – July’16 to Oct’17
- Senior Planning Engineer – Larsen and Toubro Constructions – July’13 – July’14
- Graduate Engineering Trainee – Larsen and Toubro Constructions – July’12 – June’13
+61 2 4736 2583
This is based on the information provided by the profile holder.