- Our People
- Built Environment Courses
- Work Integrated Learning
- - Australian Housing Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA)
- Centre for Smart Modern Construction
- - Industry Collaborators
- - Researcher Profile Navodana Rodrigo
- - Researcher Profile Samudaya Nanayakkara
- - Researcher Profile Kasun Gunasekara
- - Researcher Profile Priyadarshini Das
- - Researcher Profile Buddhini Ginigaddara
- - Researcher Profile Amer Hijazi
- - Researcher Profile Shiyamini Ratnasabapathy
- - Researcher Profile Bashir Tijani
- - Researcher Profile Isaac Akomea-Frimpong
- - Researcher Profile De-Graft Joe Opoku
- - Researcher Profile Marini Sam
- - Researcher Profile Thilini Weerasuriya
- - Research Projects
- - Research News
- - Future Constructors
- - News
- - Digital Media Repository
- - Roundtables
- - C4SMC Roundtable
- - Sustainable Construction Management and Education (SCME)
- - Work Health and Safety Management using Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- - Higher Degree Research
- - Linked semantic platforms for social & physical infrastructure & wellbeing
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
- Dean's Merit List Recipients
- Contact us
- News and Events
Researcher Profile Isaac Akomea-Frimpong
Centre for Smart Modern Construction
Developing a practical framework for optimal financial performance of Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Projects.
Isaac Akomea-Frimpong is a PhD candidate at Western Sydney University. His research aim is to develop and apply system dynamics and complex economic models to manage financial risks relating to Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects. Isaac possesses Bachelor of Science (First Class Honours) and MPhil Risk Management from University of Ghana. Isaac also holds a Chartered Accountant professional qualification from ACCA (UK). Before undertaking his doctoral research, Isaac worked as a General Manager of a property and janitorial management company, and a part-time lecturer for postgraduate business programs (project management, finance, accounting and economics).
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)- Western Sydney University, Australia
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), UK
- MSc Financial Engineering, WorldQuant University, USA
- MPhil Finance (Risk Management and Insurance), University of Ghana, Ghana
- BSc Admin (First Class Honours), University of Ghana, Ghana
Honours / Awards / Grants
- Scholarship- Higher Degree Research at Western Sydney University, Australia (2019).
- Scholarship- MSc Financial Engineering at WorldQuant University, USA (2018)
- Scholarship- Cocoa Marketing Board (CMB) scholarship for High School Education, Ghana (2006).
Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), UK
- Public-Private Partnership Projects
- Construction economics
- Risk Management
- System dynamics
- Capital structure
- Real estate
Research and Publications
- Akomea-Frimpong, I., & Andoh, C. (2020). Understanding and controlling financial fraud in the drug industry. Journal of Financial Crime, 27 (1), 563-589. 10.1108/JFC-06-2019-0071
- Akomea-Frimpong, I., & Olaniyan, T. O. (2019). Assessing the effects of privatization on state enterprises in Ghana. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, 8(10), 138-148. 10.7176/RJFA/10-8-14
- Akomea-Frimpong, I., Andoh, C., Akomea-Frimpong, A., & Dwomoh-Okudzeto, Y. (2019). Control of fraud on mobile money services in Ghana: An exploratory study, Journal of Money Laundering Control, 22(2), 300-317. 10.1108/JMLC-03-2018-0023
- Andoh, C., Quaye, D., & Akomea-Frimpong, I. (2018). Impact of fraud on Ghanaian SMEs and coping mechanisms. Journal of Financial Crime, 25(2), 400-418. 10.1108/JFC-05-2017-0050
- Akomea-Frimpong, I., Andoh, C., & Ofosu-Hene, E. D. (2016). Causes, effects and deterrence of insurance fraud: evidence from Ghana. Journal of Financial Crime, 23(4), 678-699. 10.1108/JFC-11-2015-0062
- Akomea-Frimpong, I., Osei-Kyei, R., & Jin, X. (2020). A holistic review of studies on Financial Risk Management of Public-Private Partnership Projects (submitted).
- Osei-Kyei, R., Jin, X., Nnaji, C., Akomea-Frimpong, I., & Wuni, I. Y. (2020). Critical review of risk management of Public-Private Partnership Projects (submitted).
- Akomea-Frimpong, I. (2020). Impact of Microinsurance on the Profitability of Life Insurance Companies in Ghana. (submitted).
- Akomea-Frimpong, I., Tenakwah, J.E., & Owusu-Boafo, R. (2020). Understanding corporate governance of pension funds in a middle income economy (submitted).
- Akomea-Frimpong, I., Zinentah, N., & Owusu-Boafo, R. (2019). Does mobile money service affect investment funds? A statistical analysis (submitted)
- Akomea-Frimpong, I., Xiaohua, J., & Osei-Kyei, R. (2020). Developing a practical financial risk management maturity model for PPP projects (AUBEA conference, 2020).
- Quaye, D., Andoh, C., & Akomea-Frimpong, I. (2017). Impact of fraud on SMEs and coping mechanisms. International Conference on Education and Social Science, Marrakech, Morocco, July, 2017. http://www.worldresearchlibrary.org/up_proc/pdf/978-15046032022-8.pdf
Thesis topic: Developing a practical framework for optimal financial performance of Public-Private Partnership projects (PhD thesis supervised by Xiaohua Jin and Robert Osei-Kyei, Western Sydney University)
- Casual Academic at Western Sydney University, Australia (2019-Present)
- General Manager, Oakpalm Limited (2018-2019)
- Lecturer (Part time), IPE Management School, France (2015-2019)
- Tutor (Part Time), Professional programs- ACCA, CIMA, & CFA (2015-2019)
This is based on the information provided by the profile holder.