- Our People
- Built Environment Courses
- - Advanced Materials and Smart Structures (AMSS)
- - Australian Housing Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA)
- Centre for Smart Modern Construction
- - Industry Collaborators
- - People
- - Research Projects
- - Research News
- - Future Constructors
- - News
- - Digital Media Repository
- - Roundtables
- - C4SMC Roundtable
- - Sustainable Construction Management and Education (SCME)
- MakerSpace and Wonderama
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
- Contact us
Researcher Profile Amer Hijazi
Centre for Smart Modern Construction
Developing a Methodology for Integrating Blockchain Data with BIM for Construction Supply Chains
Amer Hijazi is a PhD candidate based at Centre for Smart Modern Construction (c4SMC) at Western Sydney University and he is working on developing a methodology for integrating blockchain data with BIM for construction supply chains. Amer holds a M.Sc. from the University of the West of England, Bristol; in BIM, Design Construction and Operation, and B.Sc. in Civil Engineering from the Hashemite University. Amer has worked in the AEC industry since 2009 in the UK and MENA region as a BIM consultant / Civil Engineer for making the BIM business case and establishing the BIM roadmap planning implementation. Amer has worked with ‘’Vision Network’’ where he has been awarded a grant from the Center of Digital Built Britain (DBB) based on the University of Cambridge to enable delivery and manage DBB through asset, infrastructure, and service lifecycles.
- MSc BIM in Design, Construction & Operation in UWE Bristol, April 2018 with Distinction Grade (The United Kingdom)
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with Excellent Grade from Hashemite University, August 2009 (The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan)
Honours / Awards / Grants
- Centre for Smart Modern Construction Postgraduate Research Scholarship (Western Sydney University | Australia).
- Vision Network -Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality for Digital Built Britain (The University of Cambridge| The United Kingdom).
- The UK Government- The Millennium Scholarship Full Master Scholarship (The University of the West of England, Bristol | The United Kingdom).
- Scientific & Engineering Achievement Field 2016 (The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan).
- Scientific & Engineering Achievement Field 2013 (The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan).
- Honors List for Academic Accomplishment, 2007, 2008 and 2009, Hashemite University (The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan).
- Associate Highway Engineer Certified from JEA.
- Project Management in Practice (PMP) CZ JO Certified.
- Effective Trainer (TOT) certificated from Global Academy of Training & Consulting, the United Kingdom.
- BIM Civil 3D Certified Professional- Autodesk.
- BIM Revit Structural Certified Professional -Autodesk.
- Smart Construction and infrastructure
- Smart City
Research and Publications
- Hijazi, A 2018, "Automation in construction." 'Integration Building Information Model (BIM) and The Internet of Things (IoT) to Enable Smart Cities in the United Kingdom Based on Digital Built Britain (DBB) (Under Reviewing).
- HIJAZI, A.A. and OMAR, H.A., 2017. Level of Detail Specifications, Standards and File-Format Challenges in Infrastructure Projects for BIM Level Three. WIT Transactions on The Built Environment, 169, pp.143-154.
- Lina Shbeeb, AAH, Taqwa I.Hadid 2014, 'Roadway User's Behaviour & Implication of Safety ', in The Fourth Jordan International Conference and Exhibition for Roads and Transport" (jitc4) Amman (Jordan), vol. No.4.
- Vision Network; state-of-the-art research and technologies in Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) for Digital Built Britain based on the University of Cambridge to enable delivery and manage DBB through asset, infrastructure, and service lifecycles (https://www.cdbb.cam.ac.uk/CDBBResearchBridgehead/Networks/2018Network_Vision .
- Hijazi, A 2018, 'Integration Building Information Model (BIM) and The Internet of Things (IoT) to Enable Smart Cities in the United Kingdom Based on Digital Built Britain (DBB)', Masters in BIM in Design, Construction and Operations thesis, The University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Organisation: Transport for London (TfL) Duration; May 2017 to January 2018 | Role: BIM Consultant- UWE Bristol- Placement.
- Organisation: A&H Group; Duration: April 2014 to December 2016| Role: Part Time – BIM Consultant.
- Organisation: Omrania &Association; Regional Office-Jordan; Duration: January 2011 to April 2016 |Role: Lead Civil Engineer.
- Organisation: Stroytrangaz-Regional Office -Jordan; Duration: July 2010 to January 2011| Role: Quality & Supervision Engineer.
- Organisation: Royal Scientific Society, Building Research Centre; Duration: October 2009 to July 2010| Role: Research Civil Engineer.
(02) 47360436 Ext 2053
c4SMC, Room Y.3.14 Penrith (Kingswood)