- Our People
- Built Environment Courses
- Work Integrated Learning
- - Australian Housing Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA)
- Centre for Smart Modern Construction
- - Industry Collaborators
- - Researcher Profile Navodana Rodrigo
- - Researcher Profile Samudaya Nanayakkara
- - Researcher Profile Kasun Gunasekara
- - Researcher Profile Priyadarshini Das
- - Researcher Profile Buddhini Ginigaddara
- - Researcher Profile Amer Hijazi
- - Researcher Profile Shiyamini Ratnasabapathy
- - Researcher Profile Bashir Tijani
- - Researcher Profile Isaac Akomea-Frimpong
- - Researcher Profile De-Graft Joe Opoku
- - Researcher Profile Marini Sam
- - Researcher Profile Thilini Weerasuriya
- - Research Projects
- - Research News
- - Future Constructors
- - News
- - Digital Media Repository
- - Roundtables
- - C4SMC Roundtable
- - Sustainable Construction Management and Education (SCME)
- - Work Health and Safety Management using Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- - Higher Degree Research
- - Linked semantic platforms for social & physical infrastructure & wellbeing
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
- Contact us
Researcher Profile Amer Hijazi
Centre for Smart Modern Construction
Developing a Methodology for Integrating Blockchain with Building Information Modeling (BIM) for Construction Supply Chains.
Amer Hijazi is a PhD candidate based at Centre for Smart Modern Construction (c4SMC) at Western Sydney University and he is working on developing a methodology for integrating blockchain with BIM for construction supply chains. Amer holds a M.Sc. from the University of the West of England, Bristol; in BIM, Design Construction and Operation, and B.Sc. in Civil Engineering. Amer has worked in the AEC industry since 2009 in the UK and MENA region as a BIM consultant / Civil Engineer for making the BIM business case and establishing the BIM roadmap planning implementation. Amer has worked with ‘’Vision Network’’ where he has been awarded a grant from the Center of Digital Built Britain (DBB) based on the University of Cambridge to enable delivery and manage DBB through asset, infrastructure, and service lifecycles. Amer has been funded by Western Sydney to pursue the first and most prestigious Blockchain Program in the world at Oxford University and he aced all his modules with distinction.
- Oxford Blockchain Strategy Programme, January 2019 with Distinction Grade (The United Kingdom).
- MSc BIM in Design, Construction & Operation in UWE Bristol, June 2018 with Distinction Grade (The United Kingdom).
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with Distinction Grade from Hashemite University, August 2009 (The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan).
Honours / Awards / Grants
- “Centre for Smart Modern Construction Postgraduate Research” Scholarship for Doctor of Philosophy - Engineering higher degree program, Western Sydney University, Australia (2018 - 2021).
- Vision Network -Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality for Digital Built Britain (The University of Cambridge| The United Kingdom).
- The UK Government- The Millennium Scholarship Full Master Scholarship (The University of the West of England, Bristol | The United Kingdom).
- Associate Highway Engineer Certified by the Jordan Engineering Association, 2016 (The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan).
- Scientific & Engineering Achievement Field 2016 (The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan).
- Scientific & Engineering Achievement Field 2013 (The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan).
- Honors List for Academic Accomplishment, 2007, 2008 and 2009, Hashemite University (The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan).
- Member at Australian BIM Academic Forum (ABAF).
- Project Manager for CIB Chapter at Western Sydney.
- Associate Highway Engineer Certified from JEA.
- Project Management in Practice (PMP) CZ JO Certified.
- Effective Trainer (TOT) certificated from Global Academy of Training & Consulting, the United Kingdom.
- BIM Civil 3D Certified Professional- Autodesk.
- BIM Revit Structural Certified Professional -Autodesk.
- Design Thinking and Innovation.
- Smart Construction and infrastructure.
- Smart City and land development design.
Research and Publications
- Hijazi, A 2018, "Automation in construction." 'Integration Building Information Model (BIM) and The Internet of Things (IoT) to Enable Smart Cities in the United Kingdom Based on Digital Built Britain (DBB) (Under Reviewing).
- Hijazi, A.A., Perera, S, Alashwal, A & Calheiros, RN 2019, 'Blockchain Adoption in Construction Supply Chain: A Review of Studies Across Multiple Sectors', The International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction (CIB) World Building Congress 2019 – Constructing Smart City. Innovation in Building and Construction (CIB).
- Hijazi, A.A., Perera, S, Alashwal, A & Calheiros, RN 2019, 'Enabling a Single Source of Truth Through BIM and Blockchain Integration', ASU Bahrain, no. ISBN 987-99958-78-19-1, pp. 375-85.
- HIJAZI, A.A. and OMAR, H.A., 2017. Level of Detail Specifications, Standards and File-Format Challenges in Infrastructure Projects for BIM Level Three. WIT Transactions on The Built Environment, 169, pp.143-154.
- Hijazi, A.A., Lina Shbeeb, Taqwa I.Hadid 2014, 'Roadway User's Behaviour & Implication of Safety ', in The Fourth Jordan International Conference and Exhibition for Roads and Transport" (jitc4) Amman (Jordan), vol. No.4.
- Vision Network; state-of-the-art research and technologies in Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) for Digital Built Britain based on the University of Cambridge to enable delivery and manage DBB through asset, infrastructure, and service lifecycles https://www.cdbb.cam.ac.uk/system/files/documents/VisionNetworkReport2018.pdf
- Hijazi, A 2018, 'Integration Building Information Model (BIM) and The Internet of Things (IoT) to Enable Smart Cities in the United Kingdom Based on Digital Built Britain (DBB)', Masters in BIM in Design, Construction and Operations thesis, The University of the West of England, Bristol.
- The Use of BIM in Public-Private Partnership Projects “Use of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in Public Private Partnership (PPP) projects” was organised as part of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Research Trust funded research project
- Hijazi, A 2018, Low Zero Impact Buildings- Lighting, Report number: UBLMQ4-15-MAffiliation: Building Information Modelling (BIM) in Design Construction and Operations - UWE Bristol. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322628927_Low_Zero_Impact_Buildings-_Lighting
- Infraworks Fast & Furious- England Digital Construction Event 2018-Peer to Peer BIM-UK https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322716026_Infraworks_Fast_Furious-_England_Digital_Construction_Event_2018-Peer_to_Peer_BIM-UK
- Casual Academic for Postgraduate and Undergraduate Programs at Western Sydney University, Australia, (2018 -Present).
- BIM Consultant at Transport for London (TfL), The UK, ( May 2017 to January 2018) UWE Bristol- Placement.
- BIM Consultant at A&H Group ,The UK and Jordan( April 2014 to December 2016).
- Lead Civil Engineer at Omrania &Association, Regional Office-Jordan( January 2011 to April 2016 ) .
- Quality & Supervision Engineer at Stroytrangaz-Regional Office -Jordan; ( July 2010 to January 2011).
- Research Civil Engineer at Royal Scientific Society, Building Research Centre; Duration (October 2009 to July 2010) .
+61 2 4736 2583
c4SMC, Room Y.3.09 Penrith (Kingswood)
This is based on the information provided by the profile holder.