- Higher Degree Research Candidates
- Master of Research
- HDR Supervisors
- Contact Us
2013 3MT Event
In 2013, Ryan McMullan from the School of Social Sciences and Psychology impressed the judges most, winning the event against strong competition from across Western Sydney University.
The Runner Up and People's Choice Winner was Jenny Shanks from the School of Science and Health.
2013 Trans-Tasman Finals
Thanks to the outstanding results of Tim Paris in 2012 who went on to win the overall 3MT competition, Western Sydney University was invited to host the Trans-Tasman 3 Minute Thesis Competition Final at the Parramatta campus. We warmly welcomed the finalists from all participating universities, along with their research supervisors, friends and family.
Congratulations to overall Trans-Tasman 3MT winner and people's choice winner:
- Kelsey Kennedy
University of Western Australia
Congratulations to runner up:
- Lily Chang
University of Auckland
2013 3MT Finalists:
- Xiao (Demi) Gao, University of South Australia
Building a better bionic ear
- Sharon Savage, University of New South Wales
Giving words new life in dementia
- Kelsey Kennedy, University of Western Australia
Feeling for cancer: an imaging tool to make breast cancer surgery more effective
- Lily Chang, University of Auckland
An "eye" on Alzheimer's disease
- Thomas Finn, Massey University
Oxygen: A double-edged sword for life forms
- Shu Hui Yau, Macquarie University
Beeps, Burps and Brains: Auditory Processing in Autism
- Ksenia Gnevsheva, University of Canterbury
Non-Native English accents: How malleable are they?
- Gemma Sharp, Flinders University
Paying for Lip Service
In the video below, Tim Paris, Trans-Tasman 3MT winner from 2012, talks about his experience with 3MT.