- Engineering Courses
- Information Technology Courses
- Industrial Design Courses
- Construction Courses
- Engineering Careers
- Our People
- News - SCEM Bytes
- MakerSpace and Wonderama
- Industrial Design
- Solar Car
- Contact the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics
- SCEM Schoolwide Work Integrated Learning Framework
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
Women Transforming the Built Environment
Our vision is to:
- Increase female participation in Bachelor of Construction Management and Bachelor of Construction Technology
- Increase female leadership in the School
- Improve visibility of professional women in the built environment to our students to showcase role models
- Create a positive student learning experience for our female students
- Increase visibility of our female academics within the University and external to the University
- Celebrate achievements of female staff, students and alumni
- Increase networking within the University and between our alumni and professional women
- Improve engagement with our prospective female students
- Increase opportunities for student and staff to engage and network with professional women in the built environment.
In the video below we have brought together some of our female staff and students who will share their experiences at Western Sydney University and tell you about some of the changes happening in the built environment professions. Play the video to hear their experiences.
Save the date - 2020 Breakfast Event
Thank you to those who attended the Women Transforming the Built Environment Breakfast on Friday 1 March 2019.
Following the success of the event we would like to announce that we will be hosting this event annually in the lead up to International Women’s Day.
Women Transforming the Built Environment Breakfast 2020.
Date: Friday, 28 February 2020
Time: 7.00am - 9.00am
Save the date and join us to be part of a network of alumni, staff and industry professionals supporting our up and coming women.
Roundup from the 2019 Breakfast Event
Our 2019 Breakfast Event was sponsored by Professor Denise Kirkpatrick. Play the video below to hear Denise’s introduction.
We kicked off with a warm welcome from Professor Deborah Sweeney who shared some strategic initiatives that support women at Western Sydney University.
The Keynote from Tasha Burrell, Landcom was followed by an impressive Panel discussion facilitated by David Borger. The panel included:
- Yusur Al-Aberi (BConstrMgt student)
- Kara McCormick (BConstrMgt student)
- Lavendar Liu (PhD student)
- Melissa Gargiulo (BConstrMgt. (Hons-Class 1) alumni)
We also heard from our female academics who support the construction management program. There was a great vibe in the room with many industry and government attendees keen to work with WSU on this exciting project. Thank you to everyone who attended and helped to make it a very special launch!