- Engineering Courses
- Information Technology Courses
- Industrial Design Courses
- Construction Courses
- - Advanced Materials and Smart Structures (AMSS)
- - AeIMS
- - Areas of Expertise and Consultancy
- - Artificial Intelligence Research Group
- - Astrophysical eScience Laboratory
- - Australian Housing Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA)
- - Bioelectronics Neuroscience (BENS)
- - Centre for Research in Mathematics
- Centre for Smart Modern Construction
- - Industry Collaborators
- - People
- - Research Projects
- - Research News
- - Future Constructors
- - News
- - Digital Media Repository
- - Roundtables
- - Digital Humanities Technologies
- - Geotechnical, Water and Environmental Engineering Research
- - Health Informatics (eHealth)
- - Intelligent & Sustainable Electrical Systems
- - Networking, Security, and Cloud Research (NSCR)
- - Robotics, Vision and Signal Processing (RVSP)
- - Solar Energy Technologies
- - Sustainable Construction Management and Education (SCME)
- - Telehealth Research and Innovation Lab (THRIL)
- Our People
- News - SCEM Bytes
- MakerSpace and Wonderama
- Industrial Design
- Solar Car
- Contact the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics
- SCEM Schoolwide Work Integrated Learning Framework
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
Researcher Profile Samudaya Nanayakkara
Centre for Smart Modern Construction
Developing a Digitalised Distributed Ledger Platform for Construction Supply Chains
Samudaya Nanayakkara is a PhD candidate at Western Sydney University and his research areas are blockchain and construction supply chain management. Samudaya Nanayakkara is a Sri Lankan National Engineering Excellence Awards winner in Sri Lanka. He is a Gold medallist in University Colours Awards and recognised in Dean’s List for excellent academic achievements in his undergraduate degree. He gained the Master of Science in Computer Science degree from University of Moratuwa. He has received his BSc Engineering (Honors) degree from the University of Moratuwa and the Bachelor of Information Technology degree from the University of Colombo.
In recognition of his national level contribution to the Engineering profession, research and academia, he was bestowed with several national and international awards. Eng. Samudaya obtained his Chartered Engineer status in the IT Sector in 2012 and held the ICT Chairman position of the Institution of Engineers Sri Lanka in 2015/2016 session. He is a Corporate Member of several prestigious professional institutions.
Samudaya Nanayakkara has served dozens of large-scale national level projects as an ERP Expert , Information Systems & IT Consultant and for many reputed organizations in Sri Lanka. He has voluntarily contributed in several Open-source projects. He has published a number of research papers in well-recognised international journals and conferences.
- MSc in Computer Science, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
- Bachelor of Information Technology, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- BSc Engineering Honours, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
Honours / Awards / Grants
- “Centre for Smart Modern Construction Postgraduate Research” Scholarship for Doctor of Philosophy - Engineering higher degree program, Western Sydney University, Australia (2018 - 2021)
- “Mahapola” Scholarship Award for BSc Engineering degree program, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2002 - 2006)
- IRSD - Young Researcher Award, International Conference on Interdisciplinary Research for Sustainable Development, India (2017)
- I2OR - Bright Researcher Award, International Institute of Organized Research, India (2017)
- Green ThinkerZ - Outstanding Researcher Award, The International Conference on Interdisciplinary Research for Sustainable Development, India (2016)
- COSMIC - Bright Researcher Award, International Conference on Advances in Computer Science, Electronics & Communication Technologies, Thailand (2016)
- COSMIC - Outstanding Researcher Award, International Conference on Advancements in Engineering, Technology and Management, Thailand (2015)
- Young Chartered Engineer Award, National Engineering Excellence Awards, Sri Lanka (2013)
- Dean’s List for Final Year Second Semester of BSc Engineering degree program, Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2006)
- University Colours Insignia for sport with a gold medal in Annual Colours Awards Ceremony, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2005).
- Chartered Engineer (IT) in Sri Lanka (2012 - Present)
- Member of the Computer Society of Sri Lanka (2013 - Present)
- Member of the Institution of Engineers Sri Lanka (2012 - Present)
- Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (2011 - 2018)
- Member of the British Computer Society (2011 - Present)
- Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (2010 - Present)
- Global Member the Internet Society (2010 - Present)
- Member of the Association for Computing Machinery (2009 - Present)
- Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers Sri Lanka (2008 - 2012)
- Supply Chain Management
- Management Information Systems
- Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- Information Systems
Research and Publications
- Nanayakkara, KS 2017, 'Impact of Free and Open-source Software Paradigm for Environmental Sustainability - Case Study in Higher Education Sector', International Journal of Research in Electronics and Computer Engineering, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 174-88.
- Nanayakkara, KS, Kusumsiri, N & Perera, P 2016, 'Adaptation of Diffusion of Innovations Theory for Successful ERP Implementation', International Journal of Computer Science And Technology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 25-30.
- Nanayakkara, KS, Perera, P & Perera, A 2015, 'Factors Incompatibility of Selection and Implementation of ERP Systems for Construction Organizations', International Journal of Computer Science & Technology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 9-15.
- Nanayakkara, KS & Fernando, S 2014, 'Universal Communication Interface through Web Services for Heterogeneous Systems with Dynamic System Life Cycle', International Journal of Computer Science & Technology, vol. 5, no. SP1, pp. 48-55.
- Perera, P, Nanayakkara, KS & Perera, A 2014, 'Application of Proper Asset Management Methodology and Technology in Defence Sector of Sri Lanka', International Journal of Computer Science & Technology, vol. 5, no. SP1, pp. 33-41.
- Nanayakkara, KS & Kusumsiri, N 2013, 'Barriers to Successful Implementation of E-learning in Design Education', International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management, vol. 21, no. SP1, pp. 69.1-.8.
- Nanayakkara, KS, Perera, P & Perera, A 2013, 'Factors Influencing Selection and Effective Implementation of ERP Systems in Medium Sized Organizations in Developing Countries', International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 7-14.
- Perera, P, Nanayakkara, KS & Perera, A 2013, 'Critical Evaluation on ERP Applications for Defence Sector of Sri Lanka', International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management, vol. 21, no. SP1, pp. 4.1-4.16.
- Lokuge, S, Sedera, D & Nanayakkara, KS 2018, 'Innovate or Copy: A Qualitative Document Analysis to Entrepreneurship in Developing Countries', in 26th European Conference on Information Systems.
- Perera, P, Nanayakkara, KS & Perera, A 2012, 'Benefit of Implementing a National Level ERP system for Health Sectors in Sri Lanka through Stock Optimization', in The Second International Congress of Interdisciplinary Research and Development.
- Sarveswaran, K, Perera, P, Nanayakkara, KS, Perera, A & Fernando, S 2009, 'Challenges in developing MIS–Case from Government sector', in e-Asia International Conference.
- Consultant, MIS project, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2011 - 2018).
- Junior Consultant, MIS project, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2007 - 2011).
- Temporary Instructor, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2006 - 2007)
- Software Architect / Director, AR Project Management Services Pvt. Ltd., Sri Lanka (2017 - 2018).
- IT Consultant, Asset Management System for Colombo Municipal Council, Sri Lanka, funded by Asian Development Bank (2013 - 2015).
- ERP Specialist, AR Project Management Services Pvt. Ltd., Sri Lanka (2011 - 2016).
- IT Consultant, Construction Industry Quality Enhancement project, The United Nations Office for Project Services, Sri Lanka (2011 - 2012).
- Senior Technical Advisor, Felidae Pvt. Ltd., Sri Lanka (2009 - 2012).
- Visiting Lecturer, Examiner, Research Supervisor/ Co-supervisor, Research Examiner, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2007 - 2018).
- BE5505 - Information Technology and Statistics
- CE5253 - Management Information Systems
- CM6012 - MSc Research Project
- CS6107 - MBA Research Project
- MN5220 - Enterprise Resource Planning
- PM5104 - Project Management: Advanced Tools & Techniques
- PM5124 - Management Information Systems
- PM6102 - MBA Research Project
- TL2230 - Management Information Systems in Transport & Logistics
- TL4033 - Management Information Systems in Transport & Logistics
- TL4220 - ICT Applications in Trade and Transport
(02) 47360436 Ext 2053
c4SMC, Room Y.3.14 Penrith (Kingswood)