Oral Presentations - Proposal deadline have now closed.
For any current undergraduate or honours student who wants to orally present at the S4S Conference this is for you. You must demonstrate how it relates to the theme of 'HOPE for the future', and incorporates sustainability, design and/or innovation addressing one or more of the streams - food, ethics and environment. Proposals must exhibit how the presentation will actively engage participants in interactive learning adhering to the word limit. Applications closed 15 June.
You may choose to present as an individual or a team. In teams, the undergraduate/honours students must be the lead presenter.
Each students is given 20 minutes for their presentations (15 minutes presentation with 5 minutes question and answer).
In your proposal (DOCX, 72.69 KB) (opens in a new window) (500 - 1,000 words) you must address the following key areas:
- Briefly introduce the idea, project, topic or issue
- Describe how your presentation is relevant to conference theme, HOPE for the future
- Describe how your presentation is relevant to sustainability, design and/or innovation
- Explain how your idea, topic or issue is unique and innovative
- Describe your solution for your selected idea, topic or issue, explaining how and where we need to head in the future
- Conclusion and mechanisms for implementation
- Any relevant literature reviewed and/or collected data as applicable
Presentations will be judged by an independent UWS panel for inclusion. If successful, you will be notified by email 10 July. Please complete the proposal(DOCX, 72.69 KB) (opens in a new window) template outlined for you and attach it to your presenter online form submission. Incomplete applications and proposals will not be eligible to present.
Examples are provided below for your reference only and are not to be plagiarized.
- Sample proposal (DOCX, 75.46 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Sample presentation (PDF, 1585.02 KB) (opens in a new window)
If you are interested in presenting you may be eligible for conference assistance of up to $500. This financial assistance will help cover on campus accommodation and domestic air fares, and your conference fee (full registration) will be waived.
As part of the S4S conference organisers will be holding a free webinar program to help all new student presenters. This webinar will provide assistance, guidance and support to help with those presentation jitters.
To register your interest please email email@example.com