- Research at Western
- - Researcher Development
- - Funding Opportunities
- - Research Grants Awarded
- - Preparing a Grant Application
- - Managing Your Project
- - Data Management and Technology Planning
- REDI Business
- Research Integrity and Ethics
- Centralised Research Facilities
- Research Participation Opportunities
- REDI Update
- Contact us
Quick Guide for New Researchers
Are you new to Western Sydney University? See the information below for a quick guide to the services REDI provides in relation to grant support, who you need to contact and when, and some of the resources the University provides to new researchers.
What support does REDI provide?
REDI supports you throughout the life cycle of your research grants. For details about our support, please refer to Life Cycle of a Research Grant (PDF, 380.45 KB) (opens in a new window)
Who do I contact?
- Contact your Research Development Officer (RDO) if you are applying for competitive grants
- Contact your Business Development Officer (BDO) if you would like to do contract research, commercialisation or consultancy activities
- Contact ResearcherDevelopment@westernsydney.edu.au for information on internal grants
- See REDI Contacts to find out which RDO and BDO looks after your School or Institute.
Where to find funding opportunities
- Research Professional (opens in a new window) is a searchable online funding opportunities database available to all Western Sydney staff
- Check REDI Update, our weekly update of research-related news for staff which is emailed direct to you every Monday
- See Internal Research Grants for information on available internal funding schemes.
When to contact us
- For Category 1 funding (including ARC and NHMRC), please refer to the Grant Development Support Strategy (PDF, 1276.76 KB) (opens in a new window) and follow the key dates for grant support
- For all other grants, please notify your RDO at least 5 business days before the external deadline to avoid delays in sign off and the provision of supporting documents.
What documents do I need to submit to REDI?
- For all external funding applications, please complete an online external clearance form (opens in a new window)
- Full application
- Funding guidelines
- Dean/Institute Director’s approval for any Western Sydney cash contribution if applicable
- Relevant approval for indirect cost exemption if applicable
Other research-related activities
See REDI Update and the Researcher Development Events Calendar
Other useful resources
- Grant Development Resource Library (e.g. more FAQs; exemplar applications)
- Researcher skills modules (e.g. enhancing research impact; researcher seminar series videos; supervising doctoral studies etc) available in MyCareer Online (opens in a new window)
- Researcher Development Initiatives provided by the Office of the DVC REDI.