- Research at Western
- - Researcher Development
- - Funding Opportunities
- - Research Grants Awarded
- - Preparing a Grant Application
- - Managing Your Project
- - Data Management and Technology Planning
- Business Services
- Research Integrity and Ethics
- Centralised Research Facilities
- Research Participation Opportunities
- Research Services Update
- Contact us
Contracts and Insurance
Western Sydney University prides itself on conducting research projects professionally and efficiently, and in a way that minimises risk for all involved. One means of doing this is to ensure that research projects conducted with external organisations are based on contractual relationships in which the expectations of all parties are clearly set out.
All research agreements with the University must be reviewed by Research Services and must be signed by a person who has an appropriate delegation of authority from the University's governing body, the Board of Trustees.
In most cases, research agreements must be signed by one of the following individuals:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research, Engagement, Development and International)
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research)
Other persons within the University do not have delegated authority to sign research contracts. This is important because it relates to our insurance cover.
For information on our insurance policies or if you wish to discuss a research agreement either before or after it is signed, please contact a member of the Grants and Contracts Team