- Research at Western
- For Researchers
- REDI Business
- Research Integrity and Ethics
- Research Management Solution
- Centralised Research Facilities
- Research Participation Opportunities
- REDI Update
- Contact us
Australian Research Council (ARC) Schemes
Pre-submission Review process
All researchers who intend to submit or re-submit an ARC application should participate in the Pre-Submission Review Process, see the Grant Development Support Strategy.
The Australian Research Council (ARC) (opens in a new window) funds research and researchers under the National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP) as part of its commitment to nurturing the creative abilities and skills of Australia's most promising researchers. Applications for funding must be submitted online using the ARC's Research Management System (RMS) (opens in a new window)
If you need to set up an account, you can Request a New Account (opens in a new window) online or complete the Request for RMS 2.0 User Account form (PDF, 622.28 KB) (opens in a new window) and your Research Development Officer (RDO) will set it up for you. We encourage applicants to set up accounts for CIs and PIs well in advance of the internal deadlines.
If you have applied for ARC funding before, you can login to RMS 2.0 by using the email address associated with your account. If you need to reset your password, the link to do so is on the RMS login page (opens in a new window). If you need an RMS 2.0 account, please contact your RDO as soon as possible.
All ARC submissions via other institutions require a Certification Pro forma signed by the Executive Director REDI. You will need to nominate if funds will be dispersed to Western Sydney before seeking a signature. All requests to sign certification forms must be accompanied by a completed clearance form.
For all enquiries regarding ARC funding opportunities and application advice, including budgets and grant writing support, contact your Research Development Officer (RDO)
ARC grant opportunities are divided into two key programs:
- Discovery Program: Australian Laureate Fellowships, Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA), Discovery Indigenous, Discovery Projects and Future Fellowships
- Linkage Program: ARC Centres of Excellence, Industrial Transformation Research Program, Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities, Linkage Learned Academies Special Projects, Linkage Projects, Special Research Initiatives and Supporting Responses to Commonwealth Science Council Priorities
Click here for ARC internal deadlines
Guidelines are available via Grant Connect (please note, registration required)