- Research at Western
- For Researchers
- REDI Business
- Research Ethics and Integrity
- Centralised Research Facilities
- Research Participation Opportunities
- Mass Observations
- REDI Update
Technology Services for Researchers
The following technology services are available to researchers and augment the services already available from Information Technology and Digital Services (ITDS) via the IT Service Desk. These services are primarily to help researchers with storage, computing and collaboration.
For more information about Data Management, including a handy checklist and template plan, visit Data Management and Technology Planning
As a researcher, you can obtain some select services to help you in your work:
- If you need more storage, you can apply for free storage on the Research Shared Drive. For more information, please read the Research Shared Drive FAQ (PDF, 274.53 KB) (opens in a new window) and to request access, complete the Research Shared Drive Request form (PDF, 179.9 KB) (opens in a new window)
Australia's Academic and Research Network (AARNet) also has two data storage options for use: Cloudstor (opens in a new window) and Cloudstor+ (opens in a new window). If you take advantage of Cloudstor+, eResearch is interested to know your experience.
Research Data Storage Infrastructure (RDSI) (opens in a new window) also has free storage. To make an application, contact eResearch on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need more computing resources, you can request a virtual machine. For more information read the Virtual Machine README (PDF, 95.15 KB) (opens in a new window). To request access to a virtual machine, please email the eResearch team: email@example.com
The National eResearch Collaboration Tools and Resources project (NeCTAR) (opens in a new window) also has virtual machines for research use.
- If you need to archive and publicise your research data, you can add it to the Research Data Catalogue (opens in a new window) by completing the submission form and notifying the Library of your research data.
- If you develop software, you can backup your repository to the Research Data Store. To take advantage of this service please email the eResearch team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian National Data Service (opens in a new window)
- Research Data Australia (opens in a new window)
- UK Data Archive (opens in a new window)
- Australian Partnership for Sustainable Repositories (opens in a new window)