- Research at Western
- For Researchers
- REDI Business
- Research Integrity and Ethics
- Centralised Research Facilities
- Research Participation Opportunities
- REDI Update
- Contact us
Technology Services for Researchers
The following technology services augment the services already available from Information Technology and Digital Services (ITDS) via the IT Service Desk. These services are primarily to help researchers with storage, computing and collaboration.
For more information about data management, including a handy checklist and template plan, visit Data Management and Technology Planning
Need more storage?
The following services are available if you require more storage:
- Free storage is available on the Research Shared Drive. For more information read the Research Shared Drive FAQ (PDF, 274.53 KB) (opens in a new window) and to request access, complete the Research Shared Drive Request form (PDF, 179.9 KB) (opens in a new window)
- AARNet's CloudStor (opens in a new window)
- Research Data Storage Infrastructure (RDSI) (opens in a new window) also has free storage. To apply for access please email email@example.com
Need more computing resources?
If you need more computing resources you can request a virtual machine. For more information, read the Virtual Machine README (PDF, 95.15 KB) (opens in a new window). To request access to a virtual machine please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The National eResearch Collaboration Tools and Resources project (Nectar) (opens in a new window) also has virtual machines for research use.
Need to archive and publicise your research data?
If you need to archive and publicise your research data, please complete a data description via the Researcher Dashboard (opens in a new window)
If you develop software
If you develop software you can backup your repository to the Research Data Store. To take advantage of this service please email email@example.com
Australian National Data Service (ANDS) (opens in a new window)
Research Data Australia (opens in a new window)
UK Data Archive (opens in a new window)
Australian Partnership for Sustainable Repositories (opens in a new window)