Intersect Online Training: Getting started with NVivo for Mac
- Event Name
- Intersect Online Training: Getting started with NVivo for Mac
- 24 May 2022
- 09:30 am - 12:30 pm
Address (Room): Zoom
About this event
In order to participate in this course, you must be able to access NVivo. For WSU researchers, please contact eResearch Analyst Jeff Wang (Jeff.Wang@westernsydney.edu.au) for help on installing NVivo on your computer. This course is taught using NVivo for Mac users and is NOT suitable for NVivo for Windows users.
Why do this course?
Does your research see you working through unstructured and non-numerical data? With the ability to collect, store and analyse different data types all in the one location makes, it’s easy to see why NVivo is becoming the tool of choice for many researchers.
NVivo allows researchers to simply organise and manage data from a variety of sources including surveys, interviews, articles, video, email, social media and web content, PDFs and images. Coding your data allows you to discover trends and compares themes as they emerge across different sources and data types. Using NVivo memos and visualisations combined with the ability to integrate with popular bibliographic tools you can get your research ready for publication sooner.
- Create and organise a qualitative research project in NVivo
- Import a range of data sources using NVivo’s integrated tools
- Code and classify your data
- Format your data to take advantage of NVivo’s auto-coding ability
- Use NVivo to discover new themes and trends in research
- Visualise relationships and trends in your data
Speakers: Intersect Trainers
Name: Jeff Wang
Phone: 0456 269 623
School / Department: Research Services