Intersect Online Training: Excel for Researchers at Western Sydney: Online
- Event Name
- Intersect Online Training: Excel for Researchers at Western Sydney: Online
- 11 March 2021
- 09:30 am - 03:30 pm
Address (Room): Zoom
Why do this course?
Data rarely comes in the form you require. Often it is messy. Sometimes it is incomplete. And sometimes there's too much of it. Frequently, it has errors. We'll use one of the most widespread data wrangling tools, Microsoft Excel, to import, sort, filter, copy, protect, transform, summarise, merge, and visualise research data.
While aimed at novice Excel users, most attendees will walk away with new tricks to work more efficiently with their research data.
You’ll learn to:
- ‘Clean up’ messy research data
- Organise, format and name your data Interpret your data (SORTING, FILTERING, CONDITIONAL FORMATTING)
- Perform calculations on your data using functions (MAX, MIN, AVERAGE)
- Extract significant findings from your data (PIVOT TABLE, VLOOKUP)
- Manipulate your data (convert data format, work with DATES and TIMES)
- Create graphs and charts to visualise your data (CHARTS)
- Handy tips to speed up your work
Speakers: Intersect Trainers
Name: Jeff Wang
Phone: 0456 269 623
School / Department: Research Services