Intersect Online Training: Excel for Researchers
- Event Name
- Intersect Online Training: Excel for Researchers
- 1 June 2022
- 09:30 am - 12:30 pm
Address (Room): Zoom
This course takes place over 2 days. The dates and times are as follows:
- Day 1: Wednesday, June 1 from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM AEST
- Day 2: Thursday, June 2 from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM AEST
In order to participate in this course, you must have Excel installed on your computer. For WSU researchers, you can contact Jeff Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help on installing Excel.
Data rarely comes in the form you require. Often it is messy. Sometimes it is incomplete. And sometimes there’s too much of it. Frequently, it has errors. We’ll use one of the most widespread data wrangling tools, Microsoft Excel, to import, sort, filter, copy, protect, transform, summarise, merge, and visualise research data.
While aimed at novice Excel users, most attendees will walk away with new tricks to work more efficiently with their research data.
- ‘Clean up’ messy research data
- Organise, format and name your data
- Interpret your data (SORTING, FILTERING, CONDITIONAL FORMATTING)
- Perform calculations on your data using functions (MAX, MIN, AVERAGE)
- Extract significant findings from your data (PIVOT TABLE, VLOOKUP)
- Manipulate your data (convert data format, work with DATES and TIMES)
- Create graphs and charts to visualise your data (CHARTS)
- Handy tips to speed up your work
The course has no prerequisites.
Speakers: Intersect Trainers
Name: Jeff Wang
Phone: 0456 269 623
School / Department: Research Services