Intersect Online Training: Data Manipulation and Visualisation in R
- Event Name
- Intersect Online Training: Data Manipulation and Visualisation in R
- 13 November 2020
- 09:30 am - 04:30 pm
Address (Room): Zoom
Why do this course?
R is quickly gaining popularity as a programming language for statisticians, data scientists and researchers. It has an excellent ecosystem including the powerful RStudio and the Shiny web application framework.
We teach using RStudio, which allows program code, results, visualisations and documentation to be blended seamlessly.
Join us for this live coding workshop where we write programs that produce results, using the researcher-focused training modules from the highly regarded Software Carpentry Foundation (http://www.datacarpentry.org/).
- Data manipulation in R using the dplyr package.
- Data transformation in R using the tidyr package.
- Visualisation in R using the ggplot2 package.
- Best practices for writing code in R using RStudio.
A good knowledge of the basic concepts and techniques in R. Consider taking our Programming with R course to come up to speed beforehand.
Speakers: Intersect Trainers
Name: Jeff Wang
School / Department: Research Services