Exploring and Predicting Using Linear Regression at Intersect Online
- Event Name
- Exploring and Predicting Using Linear Regression at Intersect Online
- 22 October 2020
- 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Address (Room): Zoom
Why do this course?
This workshop is designed to increase participants' understanding of statistical relationships between data. It introduces principles and methods of regression models using R, and how to interpret relationships between variables. The course covers basic principles of regression methods through to interpreting the output of statistical analyses, and includes practical sessions giving hands-on experience with regression analysis in R.
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for all researchers and research students from any discipline. Prior experience with R and the RStudio interface is required, as the basics of R will not be covered. Please consider taking our R101: Programming with R training course to come up to speed beforehand.
You'll learn how to:
- An introduction to continuous, discontinuous and categorical variables
- Understanding the relationship between variables and plotting that relationship graphically
- Calculating parametric and non-parametric correlation
- Assumptions, errors, and what can go wrong in regression analysis
- Understand the principles of linear regression methods
- Identify the appropriate correlation or regression analysis for a dataset
- Performing simple and multiple linear regression analysis using R Interpret and report on the results of that analysis
Speakers: QCIF trainers
Name: Jeff Wang
Phone: 0456 269 623
School / Department: Research Services