Print Services manages the University’s fleet of over 290 office printing and copying devices. This equipment includes photocopiers, scanners, desktop printers and multi-function devices used by academic, administrative and student areas.
UWS Fleet Management Program
Following Executive approval in January 2006, the University entered into an exclusive five-year agreement for provision of office equipment and services with Ricoh Australia Pty Ltd.
The agreement followed an exhaustive tender process undertaken by Print Services, involving key representatives from Colleges, Divisions, Library, ITS and UWS Tender Board.
- Savings in excess of $1.3 million
- Immediate 'state-of-the-art' upgrade of the entire UWS fleet
- An all inclusive 'copy cost' which includes equipment finance, maintenance, toner, library valet services relocations and environmentally responsible disposals
- Common expiry date for all equipment (January 2010)
- Substantial discounts against Government contract prices
- Greatly improved service levels (e.g. 50% reduction in breakdown response times and clearly defined penalties for non-performance)
- Fixed repair and maintenance costs
- A single point of contact for all enquiries
- Streamlined administration
- Lower transaction cost via consolidated billing facility
- Flexibility to relocate copiers enabling improved utilisation
- Streamlined IT network certification and support processes
^ Back to top