Agreements and Partnerships

To ensure a safe, rewarding and quality experience for students and partners, before students commence an unpaid placement or WIL experience that is a requirement of a program of study or subject, Western Sydney University will enter into an agreement with our placement and WIL partners that outlines our relationship. Arrangements for WIL are be expected to be formalised in an agreement, which is also a TEQSA requirement.

Our agreement identifies the roles and responsibilities of Western and your organisation, eliminating any potential for confusion or misunderstandings.  It is a legal document that acts as a formal record of our partnership, and provides security and peace of mind if things go wrong. The agreement covers:

  • Your obligations to our students whilst on placement
  • Our obligations to our students
  • Work Health and Safety
  • Insurances and indemnities
  • Confidentiality and personal Information
  • Publicity
  • What happens if our relationship ends.

Signing an agreement with Western is a requirement of our Placement Policy, to ensure that risks to students and the University are minimised whilst students are on placement.  The Placements Hub also works closely with Schools and disciplines to ensure that University policy and legislative requirements are met. We also negotiate and manage agreements with partners that are utilised by more than one School or discipline.

Schools can click the Resources link to the right (use your staff credentials) to access tools to help them with their agreements and partnership development.

Need Help?

If you're a potential placement partner, contact

If you're a Western staff member, please use the WesternNow portal.

Visit us again!

The Placements Hub team will continually develop this site to ensure that any resources you require will be made available online. Updates will be sent out via Yammer to ensure that you are aware when these updates are made. And if you are looking for something in particular - let us know at