- About HR
- HR Systems
- Your employment
- Your pay
- Your leave
- Forms, templates and guidelines
- Manager and Supervisor Toolkit
- Enterprise Agreements
- MyVoice Staff Engagement
- The Recruitment Process
- Work Plan Policy Repository
- Feedback on HR
- Job Shadowing Program
- Early Voluntary Retirement Scheme (staff login required)
- Enterprise Bargaining
- Deadline date is the day an employee may claim up to in that particular pay period.
- Submit Claim date is the date the claim should be submitted and received by the Remuneration Team
- Claims for Permanent and Casual Staff received after the deadline dates will fall into the next pay period.
- These dates may change and an update will be issued if this occurs.
- Dates in bold indicate a slight change to the normal fortnightly deadlines due to Public Holidays, Christmas closedown etc.
Attention Supervisors: Please ensure any new employees, in particular Casuals, are provided with a copy of this list of deadline dates.
Payroll Cycle Deadlines for Casual and Permanent employees are as follows:
2016 Payroll Cycle Deadlines (PDF, 17.26 KB) (opens in a new window)
2017 Payroll Cycle Deadlines (PDF, 34.16 KB) (opens in a new window)
A new procedure is now available, for forwarding casual payroll documentation to the payroll team. For instructions on how to forward documentation directly via the payroll team printer, visit the Processing Casual Payroll Documentation page.
A Casual loading of 25% is payable to all Casual Professional Staff as compensation for the casual hiring and in lieu of all statutory leave and concessional leave entitlements contained in the Professional Staff Agreement 2014 - 2017 (PDF, 1384.84 KB) .(opens in a new window) The loading is payable in addition to the hourly rate applicable to the level of work undertaken.
There are different hourly rates for the different types of casual academic work. Information on the different types of work are included in Schedule 2 of the Academic Staff Agreement 2014 - 2017 (PDF, 1334.55 KB) (opens in a new window). Casual Academic Pay Rates are hourly rates which are inclusive of the casual loading.
The Academic Staff Salary Rates are available in an easy to read format linked below.
Academic Staff Salary Rates - 10 April 2015 (XLSX, 14.61 KB) (opens in a new window)
The Casual Academic Rates for the pay increases are available in an easy to read format linked below.
Casual Academic Rates - 8 April 2016 (PDF, 16.18 KB) (opens in a new window)
Casual Academic Rates - 13 January 2017 (PDF, 26.91 KB) (opens in a new window)
The Professional Staff Salary Rates (HEW 1 to HEW 9) effective 11 April 2014 are now available in an easy to read format
Professional Staff Salary Rates - 8 April 2016 (PDF, 19.24 KB) (opens in a new window)
Professional Staff Salary Rates - 13 January 2017 (PDF, 25.45 KB) (opens in a new window)
Senior Employees (Level 10)
Senior employees are defined in the Professional Staff Agreement 2014 - 2017 (PDF, 1384.84 KB) (opens in a new window) (the Agreement) as 'persons employed on a remuneration basis' which allows for a potential salary component which is 20% above the Level 10 rate specified in Schedule 1 of the Agreement.
The remuneration applicable to senior employees (Level 10) is determined on a total remuneration package basis, i.e., salary; employer superannuation; and annual leave loading. The remuneration for Senior employees (Level 10) is adjusted in line with percentage increases specified in the Agreement.
UWS staff may find the following resources useful for managing their pay:
- A new option for processing casual payroll documentation (Standard Page ) (opens in a new window)
- Application for Loading payable to New Staff Member as Part of Recruitment (PDF File 71.7 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Application for payment of staff loading - for existing staff (PDF File 83.5 KB) (opens in a new window)
For a full list of resources, visit the Forms, templates and guidelines for managing pay and benefits page.