- About HR
- HR Systems
- Your employment
- Your pay
- Your leave
- Forms, templates and guidelines
- Manager and Supervisor Toolkit
- Enterprise Agreements
- MyVoice Staff Engagement
- The Recruitment Process
- Work Plan Policy Repository
- Feedback on HR
- Job Shadowing Program
- Early Voluntary Retirement Scheme (staff login required)
- Shared Services
- Enterprise Bargaining
Manager and Supervisor Toolkit
This page has been designed, to compile all of the information that is relevant to managers and supervisors at Western Sydney University.
Starting out as a manager or supervisor
The Induction and Orientation page contains all of the information that you will need in your first weeks and months of employment.
Career development at Western Sydney University
The Talent and Leadership Development (opens in a new window) website contains all of the information about career development opportunities for staff at Western Sydney University.
For your staff, there is important information pertaining to:
- The Compass Program
- Higher Duties and Secondment
- Courses and training programs
- Academic Promotion
- Education Support Allowance
- Staff Postgraduate Study Scholarships
- Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff
Recruiting staff at Western Sydney University
The Recruitment Process website has been created to explain each phase of the recruitment cycle at Western Sydney University.
As hiring managers you can refer to the 4-step recruitment process diagram and then use the University's Map Your Progress tool to track the progress of your recruitment activities.
Other helpful resources include:
- Establishment guidelines
- Business case submission guidelines
- FAQs on short-term/ contingent worker engagement
Resources for managing your staff
- The Induction and Orientation page provides a checklist that is useful for managers when inducting new staff.
- Probation periods provide useful FAQs on the probation process for new staff.
- The Flexible work options page contains information on the responsibilities of supervisors.
- Information and Checklists for when staff leave the University can be found on the Leaving Western Sydney University Employment page.
Resources for managing casuals
- FAQs on hiring Casual employees
- Guide for Managers on Casual Employment (PDF, 124.84 KB) (opens in a new window)
- FAQs on engaging short-term/ contingent workers
- Casual Employment Forms
- To provide to your Casual staff: Guide for Academic and Professional Employees on Casual Employment (PDF, 171.74 KB) (opens in a new window)
Employee Assistance Program
Useful websites for managers and supervisors
- Delegations Register
- Enterprise Agreements
- Equity and Diversity
- Events Calendar
- Finance Office
- Foundations of University Learning and Teaching
- Information Technology Services
- Mission, Goals and Strategic Plan
- Policy DDS
- Office of Governance Services
- Office of Strategy and Engagement
- Leadership and Governance
Managers and supervisors may find the following resources useful:
- Application for payment of staff loading - for existing staff (PDF File 83.5 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Casual employment - A guide for managers and supervisors (PDF File 124.8 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Engaging short-term/ contingent workers - FAQs for managers and supervisors (Standard Page ) (opens in a new window)
For a full list of resources, visit the Forms, templates and guidelines for managers and supervisors page.