Parking fines

Parking by Permit Only SignCampus Safety and Security Officers regularly patrol our campuses. Vehicles in breach of the Western Sydney University Parking and Traffic Policy will be fined.

Parking fines apply for, but are not limited to:

  • parking on campus without displaying a valid parking permit (permits are not valid if outdated, reproduced, copied, defaced or otherwise altered)
  • parking within a bay contrary to signage and permit conditions
  • parking either fully or partially outside a marked bay (i.e. over the line and not wholly within a bay or parking in an area that is not a marked parking bay)
  • parking in a manner that jeopardises the safety of staff, students and visitors, or parking in a manner that damages Western Sydney University grounds and environment

Avoiding parking fines

To avoid being issued with a parking fine:

  • display a valid parking permit on the front windscreen of your vehicle
  • if you are unable to display your annual or half year permit, you must purchase and display a Pay and Display one day parking permit on the dashboard of your vehicle
  • park only in bays that correspond with your permit (i.e. General Yellow permit entitles you to park in a yellow bay only)

Who to contact if you've been issued a fine

Revenue NSW process fines and fees for local councils, NSW Police Force and various other authorities, such as Western Sydney University. To discuss your fine please contact Revenue NSW on 1300 138 118.  Alternatively, you can find information and manage your fine on Revenue NSW’s website: (opens in a new window)

What you can do on the Revenue NSW website

If you’ve been issued a fine in NSW, you’ll find the information you need, including:

  • How to pay a fine or fee
  • How to request a review of a fine
  • How to check the status of a review
  • What happens if you don’t pay a fine
  • What you must do to have your matter heard in court
  • What you can do if you're experiencing financial hardship and can’t pay a fine.

What if someone else was responsible for the offence

If you’ve received a fine but weren't responsible for the offence, you can transfer the fine to the person who was at fault when you weren't driving the vehicle when the offence happened or you sold the vehicle before the date of the offence.

You can also nominate the responsible person online using myPenalty (opens in a new window)

If you are responsible for an offence but are not the person named on the fine, you can nominate yourself by contacting Revenue NSW.

Difficulty with paying your fine

If you can’t afford to pay in full by the due date you can set up a payment plan if you need more time to pay. You should contact Revenue NSW before the penalty reminder due date to set up a payment plan.

Revenue NSW (opens in a new window) also offer other options if you are experiencing serious financial, medical or other personal problems. Find out more about:

  • what to do if you are having difficulty with payment
  • how to ask someone to talk to us about your situation
  • whether you might be eligible for a work and development order (WDO)
  • eligibility for a 50 per cent reduction in fine amount.