The ‘Out with Cancer’ study will achieve translatable outcomes that have a meaningful impact in the lives of LGBTQI+ people with cancer, and their carers. Our aims are to:
- Understand the unique cancer experiences of LGBTQI+ people and their carers
- Ascertain barriers and facilitators to the delivery of culturally competent cancer communication and care to LGBTQI+ patients.
- Synthesise and implement findings into tailored support materials for LGBTQI+ people with cancer and caregivers, and Australian LGBTQI+ cancer best practice and policy recommendations
Using a mixed-methods design, the ‘Out with Cancer’ study will pioneer knowledge and provide innovative insight about the lived experiences of LGBTQI+ people with cancer and their partners, family members and friends.
1. LGBTQI+ Experience
2. Culturally-competent care
3. Translational outcomes
- Translation of outcomes into education materials and policy and practice recommendations
- Exhibition of visual methods