Orro Scholarship in Engineering & IT
Scholarship Type: Equity
Scholarship Group: B
- $7,000 each per year for four years*
*full-time, or part-time equivalent
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder, or eligible New Zealand Citizen**
** Eligible New Zealand Citizen includes students who meet the criteria for HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP. Further details available here: Changes to fees for New Zealand Citizens | Western Sydney University
- new or continuing student
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Information and Communications Technology
- Bachelor of Data Science
- Bachelor of Cyber Security and Behaviour
- demonstrate financial or other hardship as assessed by the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC)
- First preference given to students who identify as female.
- Shortlisted (top three per available scholarship) applicants, as determined by the UAC Equity Ranking, may be required to make a written submission in support of their application, describing their passion or interest in the chosen discipline.
At Orro, we provide tailored secure network solutions, delivering greater efficiency, performance, agility and resilience for some of Australia’s biggest brands. We create 'future now' solutions that make it faster, simpler and safer for our clients to access, store and share information
The Orro Scholarship in Engineering and IT has been established with Orro and The Generations Foundation to deepen and broaden Australia’s pool of technology talent, by encouraging greater diversity and reducing socioeconomic barriers to study. The Scholarship’s aim is to support applicants who are from under-represented groups and experiencing financial disadvantages.
Scholarship recipients will also have the opportunity to undertake paid internships, as well as receiving mentorship, and access to Orro's wellbeing platform, LifeWorks. There will also be opportunities to join company training sessions and events, and to apply to our Graduate Program.
Get to know us more here (opens in a new window).
Application and Selection Process
Applications are to be submitted through the Universities Admissions Centre. Shortlisted applicants, as determined by the UAC Equity Ranking, may be required to make a written submission in support of their application.
Further information and how to apply can be found on our Equity Scholarship page.
Continuing Eligibility Criteria
- Recipients must remain enrolled at Western.
- Recipients must maintain a minimum GPA of 4.