Walker Family Foundation Excel Scholarship
Scholarship Type: Equity
Scholarship Group: B
- $7,500 per year for three years*
*full-time, or part-time equivalent
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, or eligible New Zealand Citizen**
** Eligible New Zealand Citizen includes students who meet the criteria for HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP. Further details available here: Changes to fees for New Zealand Citizens | Western Sydney University
- new student
- any undergraduate degree at Western Sydney University
- demonstrate academic potential through a minimum ATAR of 85
- demonstrate financial or other hardship as assessed by the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC)
- live in the Parramatta, Penrith, Blacktown, Bankstown or Campbelltown Local Government Areas
Walker Family Foundation
Walker Family Foundation is the community service arm of Walker Group, Australia's foremost private property developer. Our projects are large scale and long term, often involving decades of investment in localities and their communities.The Walker focus is opportunity and potential, both in property and people. We make places to enhance the human experience, and we provide support to society in enhancing lives through education, health and cultural initiatives.
Our family-run Foundation is proud to join with Western Sydney University in offering the Walker Family Aspire Scholarship, providing tertiary education opportunities for students who live in the Parramatta, Penrith, Blacktown, Bankstown, and Campbelltown Local Government Areas.
Application and Selection Process
Applications are to be submitted through the Universities Admissions Centre. Shortlisted applicants, as determined by the UAC Equity Ranking, may be required to make a written submission in support of their application.
Further information and how to apply can be found on our Equity Scholarship page.
Continuing Eligibility Criteria
- Recipients must remain enrolled at Western.
- Recipients must maintain a minimum GPA of 5.