Veolia Mulwaree Trust Scholarship
$3,000 per year for one year
New or continuing students
Any undergraduate degree
- be commencing study or currently enrolled full-time or part-time in any year of any undergraduate degree at Western Sydney University.
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- be from Southern NSW, either currently living in or having grown up in one of the following LGAs:
- Wollondilly Shire Council
- Wingecarribee Shire Council
- Shoalhaven City Council
- Oberson Council
- Goulburn Mulwaree Council
- Upper Lachlan Shire Council
- the former Palerang Council area.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their application, academic potential (based on ATAR results or previous work experience) and their ability to meet the criteria.
Veolia Mulwaree Trust
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust manages and distributes funds to not-for-profit community groups and organisations for the benefit of the former Mulwaree Shire Council area, as well as its immediate surrounds. Violia's Woodlawn Eco-Precinct, previously a copper, lead and zinc open cut mine, is now the location of a Mechanical and Biological wind farming and other renewable technologies. In partnership with the Veolia Mulwaree Trust, Veolia is able to give back to the communities we operate in. Through the Trust, Veolia has supported local schools and preschools, sporting facilities, parks and playgrounds, emergency services, charities and community service organisations. The Trust also supports a range of academic and creative arts scholarships annually.
The recipient must remain enrolled in the required course (that is, not less than 20 credit points per semester).
The recipient is expected to maintain satisfactory academic progress by passing all subject attempts and maintaining a Pass average (GPA 4.0 or greater) for the duration of the scholarship.
If any of the specified conditions are not met, the recipient status and continuation of the scholarship will be assessed and determined by the University in consultation with the donor.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.