Australian Turf Club Scholarship
$7,500 per year for the duration of the degree
New and continuing students
Bachelor of Business
Bachelor of Tourism Management
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents
- be currently enrolled full-time in the Bachelor of Business or Bachelor of Tourism Management
- demonstrate financial or other hardship based on the Opportunity and Equity criteria (opens in a new window), including students who are the first in their family to attend university or be able to demonstrate evidence of community involvement in areas such as leadership or volunteering
- reside in Western Sydney (opens in a new window) as defined by the University
- demonstrate a commitment to their local community
Australian Turf Club
The Australian Turf Club (ATC) is the heart of Sydney thoroughbred racing and has a strong presence in Western Sydney. The sites at Rosehill Gardens and Warwick Farm provide employment for large numbers of people in the local community. The ATC will continue to connect with the region as a leader and respected contributor in providing opportunities for the leaders of tomorrow. Australian Turf Club CEO, Darren Pearce, is a Western Sydney University Alumni, and the ATC hope to provide support to others to follow in his footsteps.
Application and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit. Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, their ability to meet criteria and where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.