Indigenous Smart Start Grant
Scholarship Type: Indigenous
Scholarship Group: A
This grant aims to support Indigenous students with the costs associated with commencing tertiary level studies.
- One-off payment of $2,000, for one year
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
Confirmation of Identity:
- identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and submit documentation declaring and confirming Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander identity.
- Indigenous students commencing tertiary studies for the first time
- any undergraduate degree at the University or First Year Program (Diploma) at The College
- be commencing studies at a tertiary level for the first time
- be enrolled full-time (3 or 4 units)
- not be in receipt of any University-funded scholarship
Application and Selection Process
All eligible students will be contacted directly via their student email account after their enrolment is confirmed.