Australian Rotary Health Scholarship for Rural Clinical
$5,000 per year for one year
Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents
- be currently enrolled full-time in the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery
- demonstrate financial or other hardship based on Opportunity and Equity criteria (opens in a new window), including students who are the first in their family to attend university or be able to demonstrate evidence of community involvement in areas such as leadership or volunteering
- demonstrate community values
- be attending or enrolled to attend a Rural Clinical School for the full academic year
Australian Rotary Health
Australian Rotary Health is one of the largest independent health research funds in Australia. Since its establishment in 1981, Australian Rotary Health has provided over $33 million in funding for health research in Australia. Through the funds we provide to researchers, Australian Rotary Health makes continuing, worthwhile contributions to community health right around Australia.
Australian Rotary Health is committed to improving health through research and regularly offer PhD Research Scholarships to young researchers in many areas including the major focus into mental health. Australian Rotary Health believes in supporting a healthy future for all Australia. With this in mind, Australian Rotary Health offer scholarships to indigenous students studying health based degrees, as well as medical and nursing students who wish to pursue their studies in rural or remote Australia.
Application and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit. Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, their ability to meet criteria and where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.