The Opportunity Scholarships aim to assist individuals in the Western Sydney region who face economic, social or other disadvantage which makes university participation very difficult.
New and continuing students
Any Undergraduate degree
$5,000 per year (or part-time equivalent)
Up to four years full-time (or part-time equivalent) for an undergraduate degree which may include Honours
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- reside in or have undertaken their Higher School Certificate (HSC) in Western Sydney(opens in a new window)
- demonstrate academic potential through a minimum ATAR of 80 or equivalent
- be able to demonstrate financial or other hardship
- be applying for any undergraduate degree at the University OR be currently enrolled in a full-time or part-time undergraduate degree and have maintained a minimum Grade Point Average of 5 (credit average)
- Non-current school leaver applicants will be considered on the basis of work experience and educational qualifications
Application and Selection Process
Application is required by 11:59pm on 14 January 2022 via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) (opens in a new window).
Selection of this scholarship is based primarily on financial need and academic performance, to the maximum number of scholarships available. Additional factors such as educational disadvantage, membership of a specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances will be taken into consideration.
Applications for this scholarship are now open and can be made via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).