Knox Family Scholarship
$7,500 per year for the duration of the degree
New and continuing students
Any undergraduate degree at Western Sydney University
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia
- receive an offer or be currently enrolled to study a full-time undergraduate program at the University
- be a single parent of one or more dependent children under the age of 10 years at the time of the application and be able to demonstrate receipt of a Parenting Allowance from Centrelink
- demonstrate financial or other hardship, based on Opportunity and Equity criteria (opens in a new window)
- be undertaking their first degree
Preference will be given to students from regional and/or remote areas.
Applications and Selection Process
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the Scholarships Unit and asked to provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, their ability to meet the criteria and, where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.