Jim Anderson Memorial Academic Excellence Scholarship
$5,000 per year for the duration of the degree
Any undergraduate degree
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- have received an offer to study full-time at the University and achieve an ATAR of 90 or above
- have completed the NSW Higher School Certificate in the year prior to University admission
- have resided in the Blacktown local government area for at least one year prior to commencement of study
- be enthusiastic ambassadors for Blacktown and be willing to take an active role in supporting their community through such opportunities as attendance at Council and other events
Blacktown City Council
The City of Blacktown is one of the most dynamic growth areas in New South Wales. With a large population of approximately 272,000, the City is expanding rapidly. There is a sustainable stock of land available for industrial and other development opportunities in Blacktown.
The Council fosters strategic development of its commercial areas and is proactive in planning for the development of the local area and wider economy. The Council values education and believes that investment in education is vital for the Blacktown community. The Jim Anderson Memorial Scholarships encourage local students to undertake university studies and contribute to the development of the local economy.
Application and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, their ability to meet the criteria and, where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.