Dr Anna Pham Scholarship in Medicine
Scholarship Type: Equity
Scholarship Group: B
$7,500 per year for up to five years
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
- new or student in their first year
- Doctor of Medicine
- be commencing study or enrolled full-time in the first year of the Doctor of Medicine (MD).
- demonstrate financial or other hardship, which will be assessed by the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).
Dr Anna Pham
I came to Australia as a refugee from Vietnam at the age of 8 years old. I have lived, studied, trained, and worked in Southwest Sydney for all of my life. It is from this background that I have learnt to appreciate the challenges that come with poverty, or at least, having a modest childhood with simple dreams.
I hope to inspire all young people with similar backgrounds to mine, to aim high, dream big, and shake that chip from your shoulder. Remember that everyone is lovely regardless of financial status.
In this spirit, I hope that this scholarship can, in part, help to remove one layer of uncertainty, lift your spirit, make you feel proud of your heritage, remind you to lean on your resilience, concentrate on your studies, and have a little fun.
Application and Selection Process
Applications are to be submitted through the Universities Admissions Centre. Shortlisted applicants, as determined by the UAC Equity Ranking, may be required to make a written submission in support of their application.
Further information and how to apply can be found on our Equity Scholarship page.
Continuing Eligibility Criteria
- Recipients must remain enrolled at Western.
- Recipients must maintain a minimum GPA of 4.