Western Sydney University Community Scholarship
Scholarship Type: Equity
Scholarship Group: B
- $6,000 per year for the duration of the degree*
*full-time, or part-time equivalent
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or eligible New Zealand Citizen**
** Eligible New Zealand Citizen includes students who meet the criteria for HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP. Further details available here: Changes to fees for New Zealand Citizens | Western Sydney University
- new or continuing student
- any undergraduate degree at Western Sydney University
- demonstrate financial or other hardship, based on Opportunity and Equity criteria (opens in a new window) and also including students who are the first in their family to attend university
- Preference may be given to students residing in Western Sydney, as defined by the University.
- These scholarships have been donated by staff, students and alumni of the University. Applicants must therefore be willing to share their story and act as ambassadors for the University.
Western Sydney University
The Western Sydney University Community Scholarship was established to provide ongoing support to talented, ambitious and hardworking students who might not otherwise have the chance to study at university due to financial hardship or other circumstances out of their control.
Recipients of Community Scholarships embody the spirit of Western Sydney University, overcoming adversity and demonstrating a commitment to furthering themselves through education. Community scholarships are funded through the generous donations of staff, students, alumni and friends of the University.
Application and Selection Process
Applications are to be submitted through the Universities Admissions Centre. Shortlisted applicants, as determined by the UAC Equity Ranking, may be required to make a written submission in support of their application.
Further information and how to apply can be found on our Equity Scholarship page.
Continuing Eligibility Criteria
- Recipients must remain enrolled at Western.
- Recipients must maintain a minimum GPA of 4.