The College Refugee Scholarship
The Refugee Scholarship provides assistance to refugees in gaining English Language entry requirements to commence study in The College programs or Western Sydney University in keeping with The College social responsibility values.
English classes valued at up to $12,000
The College English Language Program (EAP)
- have been living in Australia for five years or less and currently hold, or previously have held, one of the following visas:
- Refugee Visa (Subclass 200)
- In-country Special Humanitarian Program Visa (Subclass 201)
- Global Special Humanitarian Program Visa (“SHP”) (Subclass 202)
- Emergency Rescue Visa (Subclass 203)
- Woman at Risk Visa (Subclass 204)
- Protection Visa (Subclass 866)
- be able to supply evidence that you satisfy the academic requirements for study at Western Sydney University
- have a clear study pathway plan to Western Sydney University
- be able to attend English classes at Sydney Olympic Park on a full-time basis
- must have completed CSWE 3/4 level of English or have an IELTS 4.5 level of English or equivalent in The College test
- submit a written personal statement - in approximately 200 words, applicants should describe their past education and work experience, their future plans and their reasons for wanted to study at Western Sydney Unviersity
- be able to attend an interview with the scholarship Selection Committee
Applications and Selection Process
Selection of this scholarship will be determined on the basis of the personal statement and fulfillment of the equity requirements of the scholarship.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.