The College Opportunity
Scholarship Type: Equity
Scholarship Group: A
The College Opportunity Scholarship aims to assist individuals in the Western Sydney region who face economic, social or other disadvantage which makes university participation very difficult.
- $5,000 per year for up to four years full-time*
*full-time, or part-time equivalent
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- new student
- The College Foundation Studies or Diploma Program
- receive an offer to study at The College in a University Foundation Studies or Diploma Program
- demonstrate financial or other hardship as assessed by the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).
- complete a personal statement in support of your application indicating how you believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist you with your studies and in your future career.
Applications and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit.
Selection of this scholarship will be determined on the basis of the application/personal statement and fulfillment of the equity requirements of the scholarship.