Bartier Perry Leadership Scholarship for Women
Scholarship Type: High Potential
Scholarship Group: B
- $7,500 per year for the duration of degree*
*full-time, or part-time equivalent
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or eligible New Zealand Citizen**
** Eligible New Zealand Citizen includes students who meet the criteria for HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP. Further details available here: Changes to fees for New Zealand Citizens | Western Sydney University
- new or continuing student
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Business (Advanced Business Leadership)/Bachelor of Laws
- identify as female.
- demonstrate leadership qualities and/or involvement with community service activities.
- demonstrate a commitment to pursuing a career in law. Prior study in the field of law will be looked upon favourably.
Bartier Perry is a respected Sydney commercial law firm which has been providing legal services to businesses and government for over 75 years. Bartier Perry is proud of its relationship with Western Sydney University.
Education is the foundation of every great society. Access to quality education enables students to confidently enter the workforce and make a difference in their chosen profession. We see firsthand the positive impact that well-educated, ethical lawyers have on the business community.
Bartier Perry understands the benefits of a diverse workforce at every level and recognises the need to promote women in the workplace. Providing this scholarship is consistent with our corporate social responsibility aims and demonstrates our commitment to the legal profession, education and the advancement of women.
The scholarship is likely to include the opportunity for an internship with Bartier Perry should it be mutually agreed between the donor and scholarship recipient.
Application and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement supporting their application indicating how they believe receiving the scholarship will assist them with their studies and future careers. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, ability to meet the criteria, and, where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
Further information and how to apply can be found on our High Potential Scholarship page.
Continuing Eligibility Criteria
- Recipients must remain enrolled at Western.
- Recipients must maintain a minimum GPA of 4.