- Sharing the Spirit of the ANZACs
- Acknowledgement of traditional owners
- About us
- Transition to Employment
- Generations of Knowledge Profiles
- Benefits of working at Western
- Information for managers
- Elders on campus
- News and events
- First People’s Terminology
- Contact us
Meet Samantha Wager
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Support Officer, School of Medicine
1. How long have you worked at UWS, and what is the best thing about working here?
It is a laid back environment working at UWS, your Managers are always supportive of your career development. I like working on student campuses because there is never a dull moment.
2. Which Campus are you based on?
UWS Campbelltown Campus
3. What is your favourite place on one of the UWS campuses and why?
Kingswood cafeteria, I have lots of memories with past trainees there.
4. When you’re not at work, what will we find you doing?
Looking after my Daughter or at the gym, I have a new found passion for fitness.
5. As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
Famous, I had no real ambitions, talents or goals to become famous but that is all I remember wanting to be when I grew up.
6. What was your first job?
Hair and Beauty supplies, I was employed as an apprentice but decided that I wanted a different career path. I then was employed on an OATSIEE Traineeship and worked in the Chancellors Office, within the Executive Services Unit. After finishing my Traineeship I worked in the private sector for a year before returning to UWS. I then worked in the Badanami Centre at the Bankstown Campus. Whilst working at the Badanami Centre I was offered a permanent position within NSW Police Force doing General Administration at Mt Druitt LAC. After a year of working at Mt Druitt LAC I was promoted to Intelligence Analyst at State Crime Command, within the Intelligence Directorate. After having a year off after having my Daughter I decided that I no longer wanted to work within the Police at the role was emotionally exhausting and decided to come back to UWS. I am now working part time as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student Support Officer for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Medical students.
7. What has been your greatest success?
8. If you could go to just one country in the world for a vacation, which country would it be and why?
Cancun, spring break. I am a party girl at heart.
9. What is your favourite book, movie and/or album?
None in particular.
10. If you could invite anyone to dinner, who would it be and why?
Kyle Sandilands, I find him hilarious and I love to laugh and after reading his biography it would be interesting to talk to him about his career success.