- Sharing the Spirit of the ANZACs
- Acknowledgement of traditional owners
- About us
- Transition to Employment
- Generations of Knowledge Profiles
- Benefits of working at Western
- Information for managers
- Elders on campus
- News and events
- First People’s Terminology
- Contact us
Meet Jessica Bamblett
Koori Bridges Project Officer, UWS Schools Engagement Unit1. What is the best thing about working at UWS?
The people I have met and being a part of a Team that is working for a common goal and that is to improve the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
2. Which Campus are you based on?
UWS Werrington North Campus.
3. What is your favourite place on one of the UWS campuses and why?
Working at the UWS Werrington North Campus where I often see native animals in the distance which is in contrast to working in the city.
4. When you’re not at work, what will we find you doing?
Looking after my children.
5. As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a lawyer but changed direction after completing my University course.
6. What was your first job?
7. What has been your greatest success?
My beautiful children.
8. If you could go to just one country in the world for a vacation, which country would it be and why?
Back to Hawaii for its culture and shopping! Hawaii is also a great place to just relax.
9. What is your favourite book, movie and/or album?
From my childhood it would have to be Beauty and the Beast.
10. If you could invite anyone to dinner, who would it be and why?
My Mum. Since having children I don’t get to spend much alone time with her.