- Sharing the Spirit of the ANZACs
- Acknowledgement of traditional owners
- About us
- Transition to Employment
- Generations of Knowledge Profiles
- Benefits of working at Western
- Information for managers
- Elders on campus
- News and events
- First People’s Terminology
- Contact us
Meet Alison Anderson
UWS Student Operations Officer, Academic Registrar's Office1. What is the best thing about working at UWS?
I started at UWS at the end of 2005 on a traineeship in the unit Cooperative Programs. I was kept on for a second traineeship when Cooperative Programs merged with Careers & Employment to form Careers and Cooperative Education. I am now working in the Client Services team for Admissions/Enrolments/Fees and Student Finance units in ARO. I work with some pretty amazing people, I love the company, the instant work satisfaction and the convenience of working close to home.
2. Which Campus are you based on?
UWS Kingswood Campus
3. What is your favourite place on one of the UWS campuses and why?
I love sitting at the table and chairs just outside my building it has a nice cover for shade in this awesome Summer weather and the gardens are so well maintained. It’s very pleasant!
4. When you’re not at work, what will we find you doing?
Studying, I’ve recently taken up jogging around the Regatta Centre in Penrith, hanging out with family and friends.
5. As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a police officer when I was a child but my mum said that I also wanted to be a florist that travelled around in a cart as well.
6. What was your first job?
My first job was working at AMF Bowling. I loved that job too!
7. What has been your greatest success?
Committing to studies at Uni.
8. If you could go to just one country in the world for a vacation, which country would it be and why?
I would still go to wherever the sun was shining. I am about to go on my first cruise and I am so excited.
9.What is your favourite book, movie and/or album?
I didn’t mind The Secret Life of Walter Mitty but I don’t have an all-time favourite.
10. If you could invite anyone to dinner, who would it be and why?
I would invite my Nanny Marlene to dinner. I never got to meet her as she died before I was born.