News and Events
There are only a handful of nurses in Australia who can provide vascular access to patients' major vessels. One of them is Evan Alexandrou, a clinical nurse consultant at Liverpool Hospital who was recognised as a Hero of Liverpool in this year's Liverpool Council awards.
If THERE’S one thing Agatha Osifo has learned in her years of midwifery, it’s that you should always trust the mother.
GROWING up in the Macarthur region, nurse Holly Robinson has a passion for its residents and is driven to give back and improve health outcomes.
Western Sydney University's standing as a global leader in the fields of nursing and midwifery has been reinforced, with the release of a new ranking system that places the University first in Australia and fourth in the world.
In 2016 the School was successful in receiving strategic funding from the Vice Chancellor for 2017 to support Nursing students attending PPE classes at Liverpool Hospital in the Ngara Education Centre.
Above average National student satisfaction survey
Young universities in the world Times Higher Education
Funding top 20 National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)
Western Sydney University has been ranked Australia's highest ranked Nursing School, in this year's CWUR Rankings by Subject.
Western Sydney University has been ranked in the Top 100 Universities for Nursing, in this year's QS World University Rankings by Subject.
In the News
School of Nursing and Midwifery recent media:
- Western Sydney University students celebrate Australia Day - Hawkesbury Gazette (opens in a new window)
- Mums told not to feel guilty about post-baby body - Seven News (opens in a new window)
- Their nursing careers beginning in Lithgow - Lithgow Mercury (opens in a new window)
- Western Sydney Students on a pathway career - Lithgow Mercury (opens in a new window)
- Historical hospital records can show us what not to do in helping psychosis patients - The Conversation (opens in a new window)
- School of Nursing and Midwifery, Western Sydney University - Asian Correspondent (opens in a new window)
- Former student Jessica McInnes joins Royal Flying Doctor Service - RFDS Annual Report (opens in a new window)
- Bittersweet memories for aspiring nurse - Daily Telegraph Local News (opens in a new window)