Adjunct Professor, NICM Health Research Institute
Professor Daniel Chan is Head of Aged Care and Repatriation at Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital.
- Research into stroke including the evaluation of an efficient stroke service that brings good outcomes, epidemiological studies and models of care
- Research into Parkinson's Disease including genetics with international collaborations with China, Singapore and Japan
- Research into aged care including falls, dementia and hip protectors. Part of this research is conducted in collaboration with Beijing Geriatric Hospital
- Research into proteins and neurodegenerative diseases and dementia drug trials in collaboration with China
- Clinical teaching duties of fifth year Medical Students of Sydney University in Geriatric Medicine
- Honorary lecturer of medical students of Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Teaching F.R.A.C.P.
- Conjoint Associate Professor in Faculty of Medicine of University of New South Wales lecturing medical students and also acting as clinical examiner
- Adjunct Professor in Faculty of Social and Health Science of University of Western Sydney, lecturing social science students
Awards and recognition
- 2002 Baxter Award of New South Wales finalist
- 2011 Premier's Awards ¨C Innovation in Frontline Delivery, NSW finalist