Record crowds attend Open Day to experience life at UWS
Click on the image above to view a gallery of photos from UWS Open Day 2013.
Record crowds attended UWS Open Day on Sunday 1 September from 10am – 2pm on the Parramatta campus and got the chance to experience life at UWS.
Excitement began to mount at the gate from early in the morning as prospective students and their families waited to experience the most fun, interactive and insightful UWS Open Day yet.
Upon entrance attendees were armed with maps and programs, with Dads and their children were invited a have a Father’s Day picture taken and preserved as a Polaroid. Attendees were then encouraged to explore the campus, attend workshops, tours and presentations, and check out some of the star attractions.
Attractions at UWS Open Day included:
- Moot courts by current law students and academics
- Reptiles display
- Tech Ally featuring 3D printing, go-cart racing and robots
- Live filming of the Television Sydney (TVS) show ‘Why Gen’
- Performance by UWS Bachelor of Music student and star of the 2012 season of The Voice, Viktoria Bolonina
- Displays, course information and one-on-one advice for prospective students of all areas of study
- The ‘Speak to a Current Student’ tent
- Information and advice for parents
Open Day attendees were also among the first members of the wider community to meet the UWS Solar Car Team and view their solar powered vehicle ‘SolAce’ – the first of its kind to be developed for the World Solar Challenge in Western Sydney.
If you couldn’t make it to Open Day, check out #uwsopenday on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to experience the day through the eyes of others.
Prospective students are encouraged to contact Team U on 1300 897 669 if they have any further questions about life at UWS and their 2014 study options.
3 September 2013
Photos: Sally Tsoutas & Nicholas Smith