Launch of new MRI Masters Course
Mini Symposium and Symposium Dinner
Western Sydney University (WSU), School of Medicine are holding a Mini Symposium and Symposium Dinner on Thursday 24th October 2019 hosted and organised by Prof. William Price (Prof. of Medical Imaging Physics) and Assoc. Prof. James Nol (MRI Course Developer & Coordinator).
WSU will be introducing three new courses in in 2020:
- Masters of Medical Imaging (MRI) (opens in a new window)
- Graduate Diploma in Advanced Imaging (MRI) (opens in a new window)
- Graduate Certificate in Advanced Imaging (MRI) (opens in a new window)
The Mini Symposium will be held on the afternoon of Thursday, 24th October, 2019 starting at 1:00 pm. The highlight of the symposium will be a talk by Professor Raymond Damadian (American physician, medical practitioner, and inventor of the first MR Scanning Machine), who will head the list of presenters. The program will include several 20 minute talks by other experts in this field and include with afternoon tea.
At the conclusion of the symposium there will be a Symposium Dinner at Rydges Hotel, Campbelltown. This will give attendees the opportunity to network and speak with the eminent Professor Damadian and other speakers.
When: 24th October, 2019
TIme: 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Where: Western Sydney University, Campbelltown
Venue: Lecture Theatre 1 (CA-04.G.15)
Audience: Registration is open to all
Program of Events
Mini Symposium and Symposium Dinner (still to be updated)
|1:15 - 1:45 pm||A/Pro James Nol||Opening Remarks|
|1:45 - 2:45 pm||Prof. Raymond Damadian|
|2:45 – 3:15 pm||Prof. Paul Keall (Syd University)|
|3:15 – 3:45 pm||Afternoon Tea|
|3:45– 4:15 pm||Dr Abhishek Gupta|
|4:15 - 4:45 pm||Prof. Yves DeDeene (Maq University)|
|4:45 - 5:25 pm|
|5:25 - 5:35 pm||Prof. Bill Price ((WSU)||Closing Remarks|
|6:00 - 6:30 pm||Canapés|
Rydges Hotel, Campbelltown
15 Old Menangle Rd, Campbelltown NSW 2560.
|6:30 - 10:00 pm||2 course dinner|
Venue & Getting There
Campbelltown Campus of Western Sydney University.
Lecture Theatre 1 (Building 4, Ground level, Room 15)
Drive - The campus is accessible using the M5, via the Narellan Road exit.
Parking - is available in area P6, behind Building 21 ($7 - Parking is in the yellow bays with tickets available through the ticket machine located in P6).
Shuttle Bus – To use the shuttle bus service you will require a copy of your registration email. The Western Sydney Shuttle Bus operates from:
- Campbelltown station (Farrow Road, immediately outside the station)
- Macarthur Square (Kellicar Road, bus stand number three)
- Campbelltown campus Building 21
- Between the hours of 7:30 am – 6:30 pm
Public transport - Use the interactive travel planner on this page or visit Transport NSW(opens in a new window) for up to date travel information.
Walk - The campus is a 10 minute walk from Macarthur Station. Exit the station at the 'Shopping Centre Bridge' and cross onto Goldsmith Ave, which leads into the campus.
Map - Campbelltown campus map (opens in a new window).
The registration link below will enable you to register for both attendance at the talks and the evening networking event.
- Attendance at the symposium is free, but for catering purposes we ask that you register to attend.
- Attendance at the evening networking event (Symposium Dinner and Canapés) will cost $35 to attend. It will be held on Thursday, 24th October, 2019 at Rydges Hotel, Campbelltown; 15 Old Menangle Rd, Campbelltown NSW 2560. (6:30 - 10:00 pm). Drinks not included.
- Canapés - 6:00 - 6:30 pm
- 2 Course meal - 6:30 - 10:00 pm
Registration Link (opens in a new window)
|Symposium - Free||Evening networking event - $ 35|
|Payment is through the Western Sydney University OneStop secure payment system.|
Sponsors and Support