Read about our key project outcomes here. Our ongoing research includes:
To advance our understanding of young people’s experience of media literacy education we are:
- Implementing a national questionnaire of primary and high school teachers and follow-up interviews
- Developing an updated Australian Media Literacy Framework
To ensure young people’s experiences, ideas and needs are at the forefront of national debates about the news media landscape we are:
- Carrying out focus group interviews and workshops with young people.
- Supporting 21 news champions to engage with the news and lead public discussions.
To advance young Australians news media literacy we are:
- Working with the Museum of Australian Democracy, young people and teachers to create learning materials around the Truth, Power and a Free Press exhibition.
- Mapping opportunities for news media literacy in education within the Australian Curriculum.